Chapter two

A few days later and it is Homecoming time! So here I am with no date but my friends are with me so at least there's that. Shalissa, Jack, and Mary were my three best friends and being with them was always a good time. We could walked into the building and as we did, I left all my sadness at the door. We spent hours just dancing and laughing and just being young. We were sweating and smiling and I had never had felt so at peace.

We took a quick break from dancing and I spotted a friend of Jude. 

"Hey Mark, where is Jude and the other half of the school that isn't here?" I questioned him, yelling over the music.

"He went to some party out in the woods. It seemed like it was getting pretty wild." 

I was surprised to hear Marks words, but I let it go and got back to the fun

If only I had known that in the morning, I would never want to think about that night again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up early that morning despite my late night. Something in my soul just didn't feel right so obviously the first thing I did was check my phone. The first text I saw broke my heart.

'Alexandra I am so sorry, there was an accident last night and Jude is dead.' 

The world just stopped and all the air left my lungs. For the next hour I clutched my phone in silence, unable to feel a thing.

I was devastated.