CHAPTER ONE || SECOND-HALF OF AUGUST 2018

The back of her short blonde hair was a stark contrast to the dimly lit room around her. It looked like a shining halo and she stood out like a fighting angel. I couldn't get a good enough view of what she was looking at but just from her stance with her hands on her hips and her head tilted slightly to the right, I was enamored. She was always effortless when capturing my attention. I felt myself pause in the middle of the dancefloor, surrounded by movement but feeling like still water.

She was maybe thirty feet in front of me, but even from the back of her head, I knew it was her. The overhead glow reminded me of police lights, flashing red and blue, only illuminating her small frame. Everyone around her seemed to wash out from the lights, but she was glowing. I wasn't sure if I wanted to wait for her to approach me or if she was waiting for me to slide in behind her.

I decided to just walk up to her and finally grab her like I'd been meaning to, for what has felt like an eternity. Her body, so compliant, went lax and she melted right into me. The heat of the room meant nothing compared to the fever of her body all along my front that reminded me that she was truly in front of me. There was no hesitation in her yielding to me, I knew I was right in following her, like I follow her everywhere.

Our bodies, too close to be considered separate entities moved together to the pulsing beat. Everyone around us was crude in their dancing, but we felt like a wave meeting the shoreline: right and soft. The couples surrounding us were trying to burst our bubble with their proximity and their gyrating bodies, but we wouldn't allow it to happen. The bump and grind of the room was no match for the smooth movements of my hips against hers. Her ass, tightly locked against my front, moved so sensually. I was drunk on her and not the wine sloshing around my stomach. She didn't even have to look over her shoulder to match my movements, she knew which way my hips were planning on moving before even I did. Beautiful.

It was hot, so hot. I felt the sweat begin to pool on the back of my neck and my black button down was getting damp. She remained cool, even though my fingers were hot where they were grabbing her. I trailed my hands up the sides of her body, over her chest and down her arms until I gripped her hands tightly in mine. My body felt overheated due to what she was making me feel being trapped inside my own body. I grabbed her hands and threw them around my neck, she replied with a firm squeeze to let me know she felt the jolt too. It was like fireworks exploding right to the flutter in my stomach.

Her ass was plump and round, the perfect softness to my hard front. She pushed back against me and I never wanted this dance to end. The song bursting through the speakers changed to a pop song I couldn't exactly place but the beat was familiar; it was all hard bass and fast drums. I was so turned on by just the feel of her. I felt dizzy. My hands, back on the sides of her chest, grabbed hold to their divinity. Her tits, the perfect handful, were my religion: I wanted to worship at her shrine.

I felt her laugh rather than hearing it, it was a firm shake that made her whole body move. My body reacted before I could think, and I squeezed her tighter into me. It was as if I could fit her into my insides in hopes that she'd never leave me. The people dancing around us grew tired, leaving the dancefloor until it felt like it was only us.

Halfway through the song, I looked up and saw a guy built like a football player. The menacing way that he was scanning the crowd was not lost on me. My angel was still dancing along my body, trying to get me to dance in sync with her once more but I was transfixed by the man's aura. It was as though he was a shark swimming through unsuspecting waters, looking for his next prey. Angel felt my body slow down and looked up to see what, or rather who, caught my attention.

That was when we saw him creep up to an oblivious girl on the dancefloor with her friends and a drink in her hand. His hand idled over her cup and it looked as though he dropped something white and circular into it. It was then that I knew his intentions were not only to take a girl home at the end of the night but make her vulnerable enough to not be able to fight off his advances. Something pinched in my stomach at the thought of her being hurt by him and I knew something had to be done.