Chapter 9

Normal? In Purgatory? Nicole rolled her eyes and snorted at her own stupidity as she ran through the forest, being chased by some sort of zombie/Sasquatch looking thing. Wynonna was right on her heels with her gun flailing in the air, profanities spewing out of her mouth as usual. At least they weren't running through snow.

"Angel Pants, what the hell is this thing?!" Wynonna panted into the phone. Nicole could faintly hear Waverly on the other end of the line, frantically telling Wynonna what the creature was, and telling her older sister what to do to get rid of it. Within the few days that Waverly was back, she had been able to help out on a lot of different cases. Nicole wished she had been here a long time ago, for more than just a few reasons.

"Haughty Totty, here!" Wynonna said, tossing the phone in Nicole's general direction, causing the red head to jump for it mid run.

"Hey baby," Nicole said breathlessly to the girl on the other end of the line.

"Hi sweetie pie! I forgot to tell you this morning that you look pretty sexy in those new uniform pants," Waverly replied. Nicole smirked.

"Oh ya?" she asked.

"Absolutely," Waverly responded. She was about to say something else but was cut off by Wynonna's yelling.

"If you two don't cut the 50 Shades Of Grey shit you'll never get to reenact the sequel, so tell me what to Goddamn do!"

"Oh, right," Waverly said, flustered. Nicole smirked as she began to tell Wynonna what Waverly was instructing. But all Nicole could really think about was the fact that Waverly was back, and that the adorable brunette was hers.

****

"Say, Wynonna, can I ask you something?" Nicole asked as they were walking back to the BBD office.

"I'm not the one who ate the last peice of pizza in the fridge, that was Dolls," she said, holding up her hands. Nicole chuckled.

"Good to know. That wasn't my question though," she replied, stopping to face the eldest Earp.

"Oh. Ok, what is it then?" Wynonna asked, stopping as well. Nicole wrung her hands together, slightly nervous. She knew how Wynonna felt about her and Waverly being together, so she shouldn't be this nervous. Right?

"Well... I was wondering if... You see I wanted to ask..." the red head started, but was interupted.

"You want to marry my baby sister and your asking for my blessing?" Wynonna asked, one eyebrow arched. Nicole stood, her mouth open in shock.

"How did you...?"

"Because I know you Haught Sauce. I know how much you love Waverly, and how much you missed her. I also know how much she loves you," Wynonna replied. Nicole blushed, her dimples showing, and she looked down at her boots.

"So you really don't mind?" she asked. Wynonna shook her head.

"Of course not Nicole. I know you'll protect her and treat her right. I know that because you know I'll kick your ass right out of Purgatory if you don't," the older brunette said with a smirk. Nicole laughed, nodding her head.

"Thank you," the red head said, excitedly rushing in for a hug. Wynonna patted her back awkwardly, slightly grimacing.

"Ya, ya. Just as long as my baby sister is happy, I'm happy," she replied, her tough bad-ass front coming back on.

They continued walking down the road, Wynonna making dirty jokes and both of them sipping from her flask of whiskey. Nicole wasn't the only one who was happy about the fact that they would be sister-in-laws, but Wynonna would never admit it.

****

Nicole climbed out of her patrol car, trying to not look nervous. After her talk with Wynonna, they went back to BBD and she filed paperwork for the case they had completed that day. Thankfully Waverly had already gone home, so Nicole didn't have to explain to her why she was going to the jewelers.

"Good evening Officer Haught. Is this a business call for you or for me?" Mr. Harris asked as Nicole stepped in through the door.

"Umm, for you," Nicole replied with a chuckle. Mr. Harris nodded, a small knowing smile on his face.

"This wouldn't have to do with the lovely Miss Earp being back in town, now would it?" he asked quietly, wiggling his bushy eyebrows. Nicole blushed and nodded. The old jeweler happily clasped his hands together.

"Now I've been around long enough to see that sweet girl grow up into a fine young lady, and I think I know just the perfect ring," he said, motioning for Nicole to follow him down the glass counter. He did indeed know the perfect ring, because as soon as Nicole saw it, she was immediately reminded of Waverly.

 He did indeed know the perfect ring, because as soon as Nicole saw it, she was immediately reminded of Waverly

"Their beautiful," Nicole said as he brought them out of the case

"Their beautiful," Nicole said as he brought them out of the case. Mr. Harris nodded.

"Naturally beautiful in a simple, sweet way, just like Waverly," he replied, with a warm smile. Nicole nodded.

"I'll take them," she said. The man nodded and started wrapping them up while Nicole sent a text to Waverly.

"Hey Waves, I'll be home in about ten minutes or so," Nicole texted. Not even a minute later came Waverly's reply.

"Perfect! Dinner is almost ready! ❤️❤️"  

Nicole smiled, starting to feel the nerves creep up. I'm going to propose to Waverly tonight, she said to herself.

I almost feel like I should have made this Chapter 7, what with the little bit of Nicole and Wynonna moment, haha.
Thanks for reading!!