The Rabbit and The Ribbon

Once, there was a rabbit hopping through the woods in search of food. After snatching some berries off of a bush, he stopped dead in his tracks. A beautiful green ribbon laid down before him,the sunlight illuminating its entire being., waiting to be picked up. Of course, being a rabbit, he didn't know where the ribbon came from, but, he picked it up any way with his paws because he believed he would look even more beautiful if he wore it, once he picked up the ribbon, he was set for his journey back home.

Whilst hopping home, he encountered The Deer, Gentle and Wise. "What have you got there?" asked the deer in a soft, whispery voice. "Just this lovely green ribbon." saiid the rabbit. "But I can't tie it since my arms are too short to reach my neck." "Well, I'm afraid I can't help you." said the deer guiltily. "I'm way too tall to reach down and do it for you." "I see, well, thank you for trying to help." called the rabbit, ready to go back home. "No worries, my child, have a safe trip!" The deer said, almost in a whisper.

The rabbit said his goodbyes to the deer and continued to hop back home. Whilst hopping home, he encountered The Sparrow, Facetious and Sharp. "Hello, there." said the sparrow. "Hello to you too." Said the rabbit. "What have you got there?" asked the sparrow. "Just this lovely green ribbon." Said the rabbit. "But I can't tie it since my arms are too short to reach my neck." "I can tie ribbons, yes, but I can only tie them when there's another bird that can help me." explained the sparrow "But, I see no birds in sight other than me, therefore, I can't help you." "I see." said the rabbit, hopping away from the sparrow.

And went to continue his journey back home. Right then and there, he encountered The Fox, Cunning and Dangerous. "What have you got there?" asked the orange animal. "Just this lovely green ribbon." said the rabbit. "But I can't tie it since my arms are too short to reach my neck."
"I assume you have no way of helping me." said the rabbit now very discouraged. "Hmm.." said the fox, now contemplating. "I have an idea, how about I help you tie this ribbon of yours to your neck?" said the fox. "Really, you'd do that?" the rabbit reveled with a new-found enthusiasm. "I could, just stand still.." Said the fox. So, the fox proceeded to tie the ribbon around his neck, but, something was wrong. He was pulling it gradually making it tighter and tighter until the rabbit coughed and wheezed for air. He let go of anything that he was holding and now proceeded to die. His face turned blue and coughing and wheezing away, seconds later, the fox had already killed him and he was left to rot on the forest floor until all that was left were bones.