2|The Wrong Time to Shine

You woke up the next day ecstatic. You hadn't had a match for a while and you were ready to change that. You got ready for the day, calling Minho to pick you up.

"Hey dude can you come and get me."

"Yeah sure, I'll be round in 10."

"Ok cool, see ya."

"Bye."

To fill in some time you decided to recheck everything in your bag, not wanting to leave anything behind.

After a few minutes, you heard a knock on the door. You picked up your bags and headed out the door greeting Minho, who was slowly heading back to his car, talking on his phone.

"Ok so I'll just have to drop you there, sorry but i have to go pick up Eunbi, Minsoo can't get her today, I'll be there to pick you up though."

"Oh ok, that's all good, thanks for being able to take me now though."

"That's alright."

The rest of the drive was spent in peaceful silence, quiet music playing in the background.

As you walked into the building, the first thing you did was check who you were versing.

"Ahh, Chris." You heard from behind you. "He's a hard one to beat but I reckon you can win it." Mark said casually. "Come on out the back and we'll get you warmed up."

The two of you headed for the training rooms. "Ok so, I've been watching many matches of his, he has a very similar technique to Minho, you should be right, just watch where he plants his feet and you will be good."

"Ok then, let's practise." You jumped up eager to perfect the correct steps.

After continuous trials of different techniques, you were confident that you would win, all that was left to do was wait to hear your name.

"Ok remember Y/N, even though he's a big guy, you can easily take him down. Just keep a clear head and watch his stepping."

"Alright, I'm ready." You nod to him, showing him your confidence.

The next thing you hear muffled by the crowd. "And up next we have Chris against Y/N."

"Ok it's your time to shine, do me proud." Mark encouraged you whilst sending you on your way to the ring. 

Walking towards the centre, your nerves began kicking in. Although you were confident in yourself, there was no guarantee that you would win, especially when versing a person who you had never fought against before. 

Hyping yourself up, you step up into the ring, ready to face your opponent. Your heart almost dropped out of your chest when you finally looked at him. 

He was rather quite tall and very muscular, your hopes at winning slowly drifting away. 

He noticed your change of confidence and smirked. "Aren't you a bit small to be boxing here little girl." He laughed decreasing your hopes of winning even more. 

"It's not about how big you are, it's about how well you can move." You attempted to seem confident and not show any cracks in your fake facade. 

"We'll see about that." He laughed, taking a few steps back waiting to begin.

"Ok opponents ready." The referee called. 

A single tap of gloves was all that was needed for him to start, the first strike right to the side of your stomach, nothing too bad since it was only the begging of a long fight. 

What felt like hours later, yet only a few minutes you finally noticed his technique shaping into that of Minho's. 

One step, faking it, the next approach two, this is when he will strike. You thought to yourself. 

After many blocks and different techniques being used by both of you,  he tried his attack again. 

Two steps taken, i need to move to the left so that he can't reach me. You internally instructed yourself. 

As you went to step out of his reach, he swept his foot out knocking you to the floor. You lay there partially winded from the impact of the fall. 

Not letting that stop you though, you sprang to your feet once again. You noted that he knew that you wouldn't fall for his tricks anymore, so he put a spin on it which had caught you off guard. 

After you had finished readjusting yourself, you felt another immense impact right on your left cheekbone and then another quick one in your ribs on the right hand side hearing a loud crack. 

The crowd silenced upon hearing your screams of pain all while clutching your side. The sound of gasps and screams slowly fading into nothingness as everything around you went black. 

(word count/772)