Chapter 1: Storm

March, 2019: Graduation day

"Ichika, Nino, Miku, Yotsuba, Itsuki, congratulations! You all have graduated!"

As cherry blossoms are blooming, splashing pink into the warm blue sky, a certain bluish-black-haired boy is outside the school, talking to the quintuplets. They all have the same faces, the same blue eyes that gaze through anyone's soul, but with different accessories and hairstyles to help people tell them part.

"Aw look at that. Instead of running straight home to study, Fuutarou-kun is spending his golden time to congratulating us." The oldest one, with light-pink-haired with butterfly-liked ribbons on her hair, jokingly said.

"Now, now, Ichika. Thanks to Fuu-kun, we actually manage to graduate. Give him some respect." The second-oldest one said. "But... Seeing him right here instead of his apartment is such an extraordinary event! Miku, note that down and let's celebrate it from years to years." She told the third one, who had a headphone around her neck.

"I-I disagree. Fuu-kun is trying his best to stand here. Right, Yotsuba?" The girl asked, turning to her younger sister, who had her signature ribbon on her head, looked like a pair of bunny ears.

"Well... It's actually been 5 minutes since he's stood here, and he didn't even touch a page of his book. What a time record!" Yotsuba cheerfully said. Hearing four of the quintuplets said that, Fuutarou just looks at them blankly, trying to contain his anger inside.

"Now you're out of hell, is that a way to revenge me? How cruel." Fuutarou expressed, with a disappointing tone in his voice. However, the youngest one, with star-shaped hairclips and a long ahoge on top of her head begins to encourage him.

"Now, guys, don't make fun of him. We should be grateful for what he did for us." She told her sisters seriously, then turned to the boy with the bowl haircut. "Thank you for what you've done, Uesugi-kun. We won't forget about that." She told Fuutarou with a smile on her face, which made him smile back as well.

"Finally then..." Fuutarou said, then looked up to the sky. As the birds fly through the air, he remembers the past, when he started his job as a tutor. At first, he thought it would be easy, but things turned out differently. He had to deal with the sisters' laziness and stubbornness, and they even had some bad arguments and hatred. However, through times to times, they have learnt a lot from him and even had some special moments, learning to share and forgive. They were not just students and tutor, they have become close friends, six people knotted tightly.

And soon that day has come. With all their hard work, they have passed the graduation test with flying color. With Fuutarou's teaching and their hard-working spirits, they are now able to go to any university or college they want.

'Time does fly away really fast, huh? Seem like it's just yesterday, we argued a lot, and now we are standing here, celebrating...' Fuutarou thought and let out a sigh. Suddenly, he felt someone tugging his graduation coat.

"Uesugi-kun! Uesugi-kun! Are you still there? Hello?" Someone called him from underneath, so the boy looked down, to be surprised by Itsuki, who lowered her body and looked up to him, or more than that, how close their faces were.

"O-Oh, yes! I'm still here! Thanks for caring!" Fuutarou jumped back and adjusted his mortarboard. Seeing that, Itsuki slightly smiles and returns to her sisters. With a little embarrassment on his face, he coughs a bit and continues his speak. "But remember, from now on, your studying will be much harder! So make sure to keep your morale, okay?"

"Yes, sensei!" The quintuplets all said in unison, then all of them and the black-haired boy started laughing about that situation. They are all enjoying their time together, though this is just outside of the school.