chapter 11/meet the team

The next morning I woke up early on a hard bunk. I got up quickly, and dressed back into my new spy suit. When I looked in the mirror, I first thought back to my days as the cat burglar. Now, I guess I saw someone different.

A few seconds later there was a soft bang on the door. I opened it up, to see agent Rupert standing by the door. "Were leaving soon. Miss Bella thought you might want to meet your team first." agent Rupert said. He was wearing a black suit, and I could tell he was loaded with weapons. I nodded in agreement then started tromping down the halls after him.

Agent Rupert slid his access code into a panel, and a door flew open. Inside, there was an empty room. My guess was that it was a training area.

Several spies were lined up, all wearing matching black suits with an additional color. Bella turned around, and smiled when she saw us.

"Patricia, meet your team." Miss Bella guestered around. Some of the spies nodded, winked, or smiled towards me, but most just prepped their gear.

When Bella gave a slight cough of indication they all turned towards us. Bella started naming a few.

"This is Dakota ramoff,"

"I'd prefer Storm Bringer." said Dakota. Her hair was dark brown, and it was pulled back into a tight ponytail. Her suit was all black, except for a white streak across the side.

"This is Tyler dorees."

"I go by Reckon." said Tyler. His hair was pulled to the side, and waved in a cool fashion. His suit was identical to the rest, with a green streak.

I snickered. "What's with all these codenames?"

"They signify who we are. If we were compromised out on the field, we wouldn't want our real names goin' around." Dakota said while handling a gun. When I asked Tyler what his name meant,  his face looked quizzical.

"Lets just say I had fun time hacking my way into fortifed places. When I found the spy squads place, Miss. Bella recruited me and gave me another chance."

"And you?" I asked Dakota.

"Lets just say I liked to kill, for sports. Here I can actually put my skills to use."

"Last time your so called skills almost got me killed." said a small woman with kinky red hair. Her face was still cheery, and her blue eyes stood out significantly. The woman held out her hand.

"Names Joy Harper, but they call me Scarlet Lady." I shook her hand in return. The stripes across her suit were bright red. She was no taller than 5 feet, but I was quite aware she could handle herself.

"Please, my skills are what got us out of there that time." Dakota argued. Joy argued against it. A tall, slender man came up behind Dakota and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Lets leave it at that, shall we?" he said. His skin tone was darker than the others, and his hair shone a mysterious dark black. Dakota rolled her eyes.

"Fine, but just because were about to ship out, Kay." Dakota said.

"And this is Kay Coffman." Miss Bella said. Unlike the others, Kay was wearing a sword case across his back, and no gun was seen.

"I'm Shadow Hunter." He said. I could tell he was examining me closely.

"What's your backstory?" I asked causally.

"That is something a spy never reveals." I could tell now Kay had an accent, one I was quite unfamiliar with.

"He's sort of like a ninga. Except Ten times more powerful." Tyler said. It was the first time he had spoken in a while.

"So what do you think of your team. So useless now Patricia?" Bella teased.

"Hey! You forgot the most important member!" I looked down at my feet and saw a small blue robot bog looking quite fierce.

"Ah, meet Scar. He's our technigion and eye's on the mission." Bella put in.

"He mainly helps me when it comes to getting a good visual on things." Tyler said.

"Please I actually know how to handle myself too." Scar was very sassy as I could tell.

Suddenly a clock at all our wrist dinged, and everyone lines up. I did the same, right in between Agent Rupert and Joy.

"Storm Bringer, Reckon, scar, Scarlet Lady, Shadow Hunter, Recollison, and new to the group, Catamay, welcome aboard for your next mission." Miss. Bella begun as she explained the situation at hand. "Today Dunbar will be transported to the Emerlad City Jail. If the raiders truly are working for Dunbar, they'll try to break him out. It will be your duty to stop him. Understood?" All the other spies nodded, but Joy raised her hand.

"Who's team leader?" Joy's question was quickly answered.

"I am." Out of the shadows, Riley walked forwards. Her suit was differently made, as it didn't have sleeves and she wore arm cast instead. Her suit was solid black, except for one Blue leg peice. He hair was also down, with one strand in a thick braid.

"Come to join the party?" I asked.

"You bet. Plus there's no way I'm letting that son of a gun Dunbar get loose." Riley grabbed a sturdy gun, along with a zipline backpack.

"Well, now I suppose the mission is all a go. Blu Jay is your leader. You will all follow her orders, understand?" Bella asked. I still nodded, but I was really starting to rethink this whole spy squad thing. Teams had never been my specialty.

"Well, then, go get em spy squad." Bella finished.