Chapter 3

Two days later, Amethyst stood in the ICU at UAB medical center in Birmingham, AL and looked at who she thought was her best friend. No one else stood beside her bed. According to the nurses on the floor, no one else had been there. Amethyst was sure that even her husband had no idea that she was in ICU on a ventilator. She thought back to all of the things that B'onca had told her about nursing. "Hell, all you have to do is disconnect that motherfucker from the machine and they will stop breathing just like that," B'onca had told Amethyst snapping her fingers for emphasis afterwards.

"I thought you were my best friend. I know I was wrong. But, how many times have you told me over the course of these last two years? And, how many times did you tell me that and you were going behind me fucking the same gotdamn man? Was it because you wanted him more? What was it? I can see you wanted your cake and the chance to eat it too. You are a married woman. I have never had a man to get down on one knee and ask me to marry him. I had a man that beat my ass if I did anything other than look at him. But, that's it. Oh, let's not forget the married man that the both of us were fucking. If I was his wife, I would have stuck them hot ass flat irons up your pussy. Hell, if you're going to fuck him, at least keep the shit discreet. You were on some disrespectful ass shit that day!" Amethyst spat as she pulled up the only chair in her friend's room and sat close to her head.

Amethyst pulled out her phone and started scrolling down her Facebook timeline. There were so many people on her wall sending their prayers to not only her, but to B'onca as well. Tears welled up in her eyes. She went on B'onca's Facebook page to look for any family members. B'onca had told her when they first became friends that she didn't have any family. Amethyst knew that couldn't be true. B'onca had to have family somewhere. She figured that they probably just weren't on speaking terms. After typing in B'onca's maiden name Dupree into the search bar, Amethyst got a couple of results. She noticed that the only mutual friends between her and the two people was B'onca. "These people must be related to her," whispered Amethyst. She sent them both a message explaining who she was and the situation. She even left her phone number.

Visitation was up before Amethyst got the chance to gather her thoughts. The next thing on her to do list was stopping to grab a sandwich before going to B'onca's house to see if anyone would show up. She had no way of getting in touch with her husband, Bradley. B'onca's phone had somehow been destroyed in the fight and he wasn't on social media. So, the only thing that Amethyst could think of was to sit in their driveway and wait for him while she looked on Facebook for his family. Things surrounding B'onca were starting to seem very strange to Amethyst. It was starting to seem like B'onca really didn't have any family. An eerie feeling came over Amethyst. She couldn't believe that she had been friends with B'onca for so long, yet knew so little about her.

Hell, B'onca had been married for three years and Amethyst had yet to meet her husband. According to her, they had eloped at the courthouse one day. Amethyst knew that B'onca was out of town for a couple of weeks. She had told Amethyst that they went to Hawaii for their honeymoon. Every time that Bradley was invited somewhere, he would always be coming, but back out at the last minute. The farther Amethyst thought, she had never talked to him on the phone or heard him in the background. Amethyst had to pull over as her mind ran faster than she realized. "Could B'onca have been lying all along?" Amethyst's heart was beating really fast.

Amethyst almost jumped out of her skin when her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID and rolled her eyes. As much as she knew that she should reject the call, she didn't. It was Prince and she needed answers.

"Hello," she answered.

"Baby, all I can say is that I'm sorry. I didn't mean for any of this to happen," Prince started off.

"Whatever Prince. She was my best friend, you know," said Amethyst trying to make sense of the situation.

"And, I'm a married man. I'm not married to either of you. My wife, the mother of my children, is sitting in jail right now. How do you think she feels? How do you think I feel?"

"Nigga, I know you didn't call me to talk about your wife. I don't give a fuck about that bitch. If I did, I wouldn't have been fucking you. Secondly, I'm also the mother of your children. Don't forget about the two babies that you begged me to get rid of. I can't believe I have been so stupid for your ass," Amethyst said with tears rolling down her face.

"That all came out wrong. I'm sorry baby. I really am. If I could take it all back, I would. I shouldn't have ever asked you to abort our babies. They were apart of us and the love we share," said Prince.

"Nigga, what the fuck ever. You are nothing but a liar. Right now, I feel so stupid. I loved you like you were my husband. I fucked you every time like the world was ending the next day. A lot of those times, you didn't even have the decency to take me somewhere nice to lay me down. I gave you my all. And, you kept promising me that you were going to leave that bitch. I don't give a fuck about anything that you have to say. I'm beyond hurt. Because at the end of the day, I know in my heart that B'onca was just a quick fuck for you. But your wife, she loved you. But, there is no way in hell that she can love you like I love you," Amethyst screamed through the phone in between tears.

"I know baby. But, its not like you think. I know I fucked up. I want to make it up to you, if you will let me," said Prince.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this. But my heart won't let me say otherwise. I need you, Prince. I'm so hurt right now. I just want you to hold me," Amethyst cried through the phone. In the back of her mind, she heard, "bitch, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Meet me at your apartment. I'm on my way," said Prince. Amethyst disconnected the phone call and laid her head back on the seat. She took slow deep breaths to gather herself.
"I can't help it. I love that man," she said aloud as she sped to her apartment.

Like, Comment, Share, and Vote!

I Welcome All FEEDBACK!

Lit Queen💋