Part 3

"Twice more Rookie" Harry shouts.

Louis is freezing, even with a his warm jumper and beanie on, he can't feel his toes and Harry has been drilling him for the last three hours. He's done and the cold air is really hurting his chest. He pushes on and finally finishes his last lap. He stumbles a little as he tries to catch his breath as he walks back towards Harry.

"I guess we can call it a night, don't think you can take much more" Harry says smugly.

Louis can't respond, he can't seem to catch his breath back and he knows he's going to have an asthma attack, fuck, he can't in front of Harry it will show him how weak he is, give Harry yet another excuse to hate him and fail him.

Louis nods but as Harry packs up the equipment they were using Louis tries to walk it off, tries to control it, he's struggling though and he sits on the grass, bends his knees and rests his hands over them, he hangs his head trying to breathe. He just keeps telling himself to relax, and maybe he can get it under control.

"Louis?" Harry asks as he sees Louis on the ground, he's instantly concerned as he takes in Louis laboured breathing. He is over at Louis side, kneeling down in front of him.

Shit, Harry thinks, he is surprised Louis has let him push him this far, he's never complained once and Harry should have known his limits instead of ignoring them. Harry has never pushed someone so hard in his life, but for some reason he's taken to Louis and treating him like he has been is Harry's way of dealing with his feelings.

"I'm fine" Louis wheezes out.

"Lying seems to be something you're really shit at you know" Harry says smirking.

Louis is surprised Harry is being nice and is actually trying to joke with him to calm him down.

Louis blushes but his breathing becomes harder.

"Okay, okay, just relax...do you....have asthma?" Harry asks, knowing the signs as his older sister suffered it when she was younger.

Louis nods his head.

"Okay, do you have an inhaler?" Harry asks his tone becoming concerned.

"No, I haven't....needed.." Louis tries to say he hasn't needed it, hasn't had an attack in years, but he can't finish.

"Shit, Okay" Harry says.

Harry then grabs his mobile and calls Scott.

"Hey H, still drilling the Rookie?" Scott laughs.

"Yeah but um...can you go to medical and get an inhaler and fucking hurry it to the fields" Harry says.

Scott is instantly worried, one Harry is worried and two something has happened to Louis.

"Yeah, be there in 2" Scott says as he hangs up.

Harry pockets his phone, and is back by Louis side.

"Okay, Scott's bringing an inhaler okay, just try to take some deep breaths for me" Harry says,

Louis tries and his teeth begin to chatter, Harry rushes to his bag and pulls his police jacket out and puts it over Louis shoulders.

They then see Scott and Drew rushing over. Louis is beyond embarrassed and can't believe this is happening right now.

"Hey Kid, you okay?" Scott asks as he and Drew both kneel down next to Louis and Harry,

Louis is really struggling and he begins to panic at how stupid he must look.

"It's okay, this is going to help you, we just need you to stay calm" Drew says kindly.

He brings out the inhaler and Harry takes it off Drew, he puts it against Louis mouth.

"Okay Rookie, on your next breath in, try and hold your breath for me okay" Harry says and Louis does as Harry presses the button on the inhaler, Louis breathes in the medicine.

"That's it, good job" Harry says.

"Again Louis" Scott says as Harry repeats the steps to help Louis.

After four lots of medicine Louis starts to breathe easier.

"There you go, Good boy" Scott says.

Drew hands him a water and they all relax relieved, Louis takes a sip of his water and hands it back to Drew who smiles.

"Harry push you to hard did he?" Drew asks smiling.

"Uh, no...I can handle it....it's" Louis starts, his voice croaky.

"He's joking Louis, we know you can handle Harry's shit" Scott says smirking.

"I'm sorry" Louis says as he looks down ashamed.

"Don't be, shit happens" Harry shrugs as he stands up.

"You okay to get up, let's get you out of the cold" Drew says.

"I'm fine" Louis says as he stands up shakily.

"We should get you checked out, Jen's still on duty in the medic room" Scott says.

"No, please I'm fine, I promise It's just the cold, that's all" Louis says.

This is humiliating enough without going to the medic. They all look at Louis intently before they nod.

"Okay, but I will walk you back to your dorm" Harry says.

Louis sighs.

"We will get this stuff for you Haz" Scott says and Harry and him share an intense look of understanding, Harry smiles and nods in Thanks, they say goodbyes and Harry walks Louis back towards the dorms.

They don't talk at all, Harry not really knowing what to say and Louis feeling more like an idiot by the second.

When they get to the dorm door Louis breaks the silence.

"This is me" He says shyly.

Harry nods.

Louis takes Harry's jacket off and hands it back

"Thanks" Louis says.

"Make sure you have a warm shower and dress warm for bed, have a hot chocolate too it helps" Harry says. Louis looks surprised, how does Harry know this.

"My sister had asthma, I learnt a few things" Harry says.

Louis nods in understanding.

"Well, see you at graduation" Harry says.

"Yeah, can't wait to see where I'm shipped too" Louis says.

Harry holds in his smirk, Louis has no idea what he's in for tomorrow.

"Yeah, me either" Harry says, he winks at Louis and then he's walking off towards his quarters.

Louis sighs and enters his room. Noah is fast asleep so Louis forgoes his shower, his dinner and just gets changed and into bed, falling asleep instantly from exhaustion.