06. 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝘂𝗻

𝕾haring adventures Rilynn enjoyed with the group of villain kids was all Rilynn could think about. She figured she'd help Ben as much as possible and give the group of villains something to look forward to while living in Auradon.

In the meantime, Rilynn was fetching herself lunch before she could find her new friends; after running into Mal and Evie--okay, so Rilynn didn't exactly run into the girls, she might've been looking for them and spotted them, but that's beside the point. Rilynn met up with Mal and Evie and offered her company whenever they wanted, so they invited her to lunch.

Rilynn was over the moon.

As soon as she broke from the two villains, she went to her classes with a proud smile. Rilynn did all her assignments and homework earlier than usual because she planned something for the four of them. Rilynn was excited to tell them the news; going to carnivals is the best experience a teenager can have, especially one of Auradon's carnivals.

The princess was picking out her lunch when a body slid between her and another student, cutting the line and gesturing to the salad behind the bar.

Rilynn glanced up and stared at the side of Razelle's face, furrowing her brows worriedly as she glanced at the few people behind them, grumbling under their breath with annoyance. Razelle had cut them in line and served herself food, unbothered and ignoring the voices from behind. Rilynn looked at Razelle with wonder, but she could tell something was bothering her sister.

Ever since that morning, Razelle told Rilynn to avoid the villains like they were the plague; the young princess couldn't help but feel like there was some tension between them. Razelle seemed serious about Rilynn not mingling with the villain kids; it was as if being seen with either was bad luck. However, Rilynn dismissed Razelle's concerns and still met up with Mal and Evie, wanting to befriend the girls. They were here to go to school and hopefully make new changes to how they live, so Rilynn might as well make the best of it.

But Razelle didn't look happy to Rilynn.

"I was thinking of going to the fair tonight," commented Rilynn. She had picked one more item for her lunch before sliding it down the line where the lunch lady could mark her down. Rilynn moved aside and glanced at Razelle, studying her reaction. "So, I probably won't be back until later tonight. I don't want to worry you if I don't show up; knowing you, you go a little crazy. Like, Mom."

Rilynn chuckled, but Razelle didn't. Okay? Razelle's never been this silent before. Something must really be wrong if her sister isn't boasting about something.

"Um . . ." trailed Rilynn, growing uncomfortable by the silence. "You okay? You seem kind of . . . I dunno, quiet?"

Razelle pulled away from the table and finally met her sister's gaze. It was a no-brainer that Razelle wasn't keen on the idea of her little sister mingling with the villain children, and even though she'd made it clear, Rilynn continued to go against her wishes. Razelle knows how similar Rilynn and Rapunzel are--the two of them steer toward mayhem like it's a party. Still, Razelle promised her parents she'd watch out for the youngest princess, and she feels like she's failing them.

Don't forget that Rilynn was making Razelle look bad. Ever since the young princess had been spotted talking to the group, a couple of Razelle's friends have been muttering a few comments. Razelle didn't know if it was embarrassing or not. Okay, just a little.

Rilynn stared at Razelle. "You're mad."

"I'm not mad, Riles, but . . ." Razelle peeked over her shoulder as if she could feel eyes burning into the back of her head, catching a few looks from her classmates. "People are starting to whisper about you and those villain kids, and it's not looking good." Rilynn frowned dejectedly, shyly glancing around discreetly.