Chapter 1: The new kid

Jason's perspective

"Holy shit. Holy crap. Holy fucking-"
"Jason! Language!" My mother says. I'm surprised it took her this long to answer my cursing. I look up, and see her being just as surprised as I am. She turns of the engine of her car and blinks her eyes a few times. "Well, this building is quite,, big." She says. "Quite big? Mom-I our house could fit 25 times in this!" "Well, that's enough room to stay away from other people and make your homework then." She says. I sigh. I knew I fucked up. We were arguing about it all summer. We always argue anyway. But this can't be happening. Please let this all just be a dream. A bad dream. Just a nightmare.

I close my eyes. My mother is still talking to me and I keep just half listening to it. I have heard this a thousand times already. "Boarding school is best for you. Your father and I have talked to your teachers and principal and you're lucky this isn't going to be in your school documents. This is the best school in the area and maybe you're finally going to learn that nobody is going to jump for you. Nobody is going to do it for you. Studying, doing your homework, being nice to other People,... It's all you who has to do that."

At least you know it, I think. It's not that easy. Life is hard. And I know it's hard for everyone, I know that. But I just didn't know what to do. I panicked, freaked out. "You have to archieve your own goals." My mom keeps rambling. "And you're sure not going to archieve them by beating one of your classmates to death." "Hey! He wasn't dead!" I say in my defense. "He just had a few bruises and a broken leg and arm." My mom looks at me angrily. "Do you even know what you're saying? Just a broken leg and arm? Just some bruises? And those other kids? Just a black eye and some bruises, yeah?" Tears start to try and escape my eyes, but I don't let them. "He deserved it anyway" I whisper. "They all did". My mom looks at me, now speaking in a softer voice. "What did they do to you? She puts her hand on my shoulder but I push it away. I don't want to cry. Not here. Not now. "I wished you just let me in" she whispers. "This isn't you. I didn't raise you like this. I just wished you could tell me."

She closes her eyes in dissapointement as I get out of the car. I can't tell her. Ever. She wouldn't be able to handle it. I wasn't able to handle it. A tear escapes my eye and I wipe it away quickly. My Mom gets out of the car too and we walk in, into the large building where I'm supposed to live.

Alex's perspective

ALEX!" Sam shouts as he runs up to me through the hallway. He puts his arms around me for a tight hug. We're standing next to my locker, it being stuck, as always. "Hey Sammy." I say as I put my hand through his thick, golden curls of blonde-brown hair. A mess. As always. He looks up to me with his big blue eyes. He has always been a bit smaller than me. "I missed you." He says. I roll my eyes. "It has only been a weekend. "Yeah? So?" Sam asks. "You've never left school on the weekends before." I agree, giving him a small smile. "How was it?" "A waste of time." I say, raising my shoulders. He nods, then changes the subject as he knows I don't really like talking about it.

My parents never really cared. They bought this expensive villa in Costa Rica and decided to dump me here. They now decided to come Back for 2 days, taking me out to dinner with them, after being gone out of my life for 5 years. To show me how happy they are back there. And they really are, looking fucking hyena smiled on every picture. I don't really care. As they don't care about me. But I was curious so I decided to go anyway. I don't regret going, now I can see that they don't need me, that I don't need them. Like it always has been. I'd rather stay here with Sam and watch a 'High School Musical' marathon for like the millionth time next time tho. But they insisted I'd go with them. It was a waste of time.

I smile. "Missed you too Sammy." I say, hugging him even tighter. I've been here since I was 12. That's when I met Sam. I was sitting alone at a table while the other kids where playing football instead. That's probably why they didn't like me. ( They still don't.) Because I didn't like the things they did. "what are you doing?" Younger him asked. "Just drawing". "OMG that looks amazing can you draw me?" He asked. "Um sure." Younger me said to him.

And that was the beginning of a great friendship. My drawing of him is still in his room. He put it up on a big ass notice board. Right in the middle Because, (and I quote): "every friend, (me) and or boyfriend could see this piece of art I made from his face. Altough I was 12 and a stickman would've probably looked better.

Sam came out when he was 14. First he told me, wich wasn't a problem at all, as we were literally watching the two guys in the movie 'Geography club' make out while we were painting our nails and him pointing out how hot the guys were. ( I'm not saying guys can't wear nail polish if they're straight, i'm straight and I still wear it so obviously I didn't mean it like that.) His parents didn't take it well tho. He stopped speaking to them for 2 years. They started talking to him again when the accident happened.

He went jogging two years ago when he got beaten up by a group of drunk people. When they saw he wasn't moving, one of them called 911 and they ran away. He still finds it difficult to be with a lot of people or walking outside alone. He was in the hospital for 3 weeks, recovering . I tried visiting him every day, just being there for him. I cried a lot. It hurted me, seeing my best friend like that. His dad came to visit him almost every day, his mom came around too after a week and altough their relationship has still a lot of improvement to do, according to Sam it's getting a lot better.

"Alex?, Uh u there?" Sam says annoyed. I blink my eyes. "Wh- what?" I ask. "Sorry I was thinking about something." Sam looks at me with a funny smile. "Thinking huh? You weren't thinking about the new hot student by any change?" "The what?" I ask. "The what? More like the who is that good-looking young DiCaprio-inspired model and can I get a piece of that?" He says, letting go of me and putting his arm through mine, smiling. He almost looks like the emoji with the hearts as eyes. I roll my eyes. "I cannot believe you just said that." I grunt. "Yup." He says, being proud of himself. "Also, how do you even know he IS handsome? For all we know, he could be looking like Shrek on a bad day."

And just as I say that, the door flew open. A boy and a lady (his mom, I suppose) come in, walking down the hallway. Sam lets go of my arm. Our eyes widen and my mouth falls open. "Well," Sam says, being amused seeing the look on my face. "Shrek just came in and he's NOT having a bad day."