Chapter 15

- Tatooine

Taking one last look at the beheaded body of Aaron Sailor, Anakin kicked some dust over the body with a disgusted glare, then turned away and followed after the rest.

- Tatooine

"How is he Kix?" Anakin asked as he walked into the room. Kix smiled grimly. "I'm afraid his injuries are too serious for me to do much on a simple ship medbay, but I've done all I can," Kix said, then turned and grabbed the datapad that held the medical information of Obi-Wan's condition.

Picking it up, he then handed it to Anakin to read over. Cut on his right hand, a bruise on his head, three broken ribs, one almost protruding through the lung. Anakin shivered at the thought of what could have happened had they gotten there sooner. Several third-degree burns, most prominently around his neck, most likely due to the shock collar that was removed.

Anakin's heart sank as he continued to read the long list of injuries Obi-Wan had sustained. Eventually, he couldn't take it anymore and slammed the datapad down onto the table next to Obi-Wan's hospital bed. Sighing, Anakin took a glance at his former Master.

There was always a sense of peace on the man's face when he was asleep. He appeared younger, more vulnerable. Of course, that could just be Anakin noticing the fact that his brow wasn't in its normal scowling wrinkle that it was in when he normally saw the man.

Sighing once again, Anakin suddenly shot his gaze to Kix. "Kix. Set course for Mandalore. We'll be safer there since it's a neutral planet and I can almost guarantee they'll have the necessary medical supplies you'll need to get Obi-Wan up and at the very least, walking again." The medic gave a quick nod and turned to run out the door, however, Anakin continued, causing the clone to stop in his tracks.

"Obi-Wan is old friends with the Duchess. So, assuming she might not let you through since we are Jedi, and Mandalore is neutral, I hate to say it, but you may have to use Obi-Wan's name to get what you want. Am I understood?" Anakin explained. "Yes, sir!" Kix said with a salute, then ran off to the communications room to inform the others.

Letting out a breath he hadn't noticed he'd been holding, he once again turned to Obi-Wan and knelt down beside the man's bed. "Hang on, Master... help is on the way..."

- Mandalore

The Twilight had just come out of hyperspace and was met by a small escort ship. "Who is this and why are you in neutral space?" asked the pilot of the ship. Anakin walked up to the com and began to speak. "This is General Anakin Skywalker. I come on behalf of the life of General Kenobi. He needs medical attention immediately, but unfortunately, we do not have the resources or the equipment on our ship, to cure his injuries and Coruscant is too far away. We are in need of help. May we proceed?"

There was silence on the other side of the com for a moment before the pilot responded with. "I must inform the Duchess and get her decision. One moment, please," the pilot said, before, with a crackle, the pilot's side of the com went dead.

Sighing yet again, Anakin slumped back into again the wall. "Please let her say yes..." he whispered to himself.

- Mandalore

"Duchess Satine... there's a Jedi requesting help from you... Shall I let him through?" one of Satine's guards asked. Satine's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. What Jedi would come asking for- Obi-Wan! Satine turned to her guard. "Send him through and have him land at the palace's personal landing pad," she said. The guard nodded. "Yes, M'lady." He then went off to tell the ship to land.

What mess have you gotten yourself into this time, Ben...? Satine thought with a sigh. She then began heading towards the landing pad.

- Mandalore

As the Twilight began landing, Anakin began getting the troopers, and more importantly, Obi-Wan, ready for departure. Slowly, he and his crew began gently lifting the man onto a stretcher, then proceeded to carefully guide him to the ramp.

At the bottom of the ramp, the crew met the regal Duchess of Mandalore, Satine Kryze. Anakin then proceeded to walk forward with a bow. "M'lady." The Duchess nodded in acknowledgment. "Master Skywalker." She then turned her gaze to the injured Jedi on the stretcher.

"What's he done now?" she asked. Anakin sighed. "He was taken into slavery and unfortunately, his owners did not treat him well." The Duchess's face twisted into one of sadness, confusion, and an undertone of anger as she walked closer to the stretcher.

Taking the wounded Jedi's hand in hers, in a whisper only the old man could hear, "Oh, Obi... Must you always find trouble and end up at death's doorstep...? Couldn't you take a day off from scaring me half to death?"

It was then the old, wounded Jedi stirred. "Now where's the fun in that, my dear...?" he asked, voice rough as he raised a hand up to the cheek of her pale face. Sighing with a slight smiled, she grabbed his hand and placed it on his chest.

"Ben, we're public," she mouthed, then smiled as she watched his face flush. In a normal  tone, she said, "Don't worry, Master Jedi, we'll have you patched and ready to go back to your Temple sooner than you think."

It was then that Anakin raised his voice again. "That reminds me, Duchess... Is it all right if we use your communications room to inform the Council where we are?" Satine gave a warm smile. "Of course, go right ahead. We'll take good care of your Master," she said, then turned her gaze onto Kenobi, eyes shining with affection.

Anakin bowed. "Thank you, Duchess. We cannot thank you enough for your generosity." "It's no problem. Now go."

With a nod, Anakin proceeded to walk towards the palace entrance, followed by Ahsoka and the clones.

Obi-Wan gave a weak, yet teasing smile. "Finally, some alone time." He then proceeded to bring his lips upon hers in a rough and needy, yet loving and gentle, kiss.