Chapter 45

Zay's alive.

Sky still couldn't believe it. The memory of Zay's body bleeding out, the color draining from his face, and his breathing stopping was clear as day. Regardless of what she felt, she had to get him back home. 

Isaiah looked up at Sky, probably thinking she's gone crazy while she rocked him and stared off into space thinking. Their plane leaves in two hours and Sky wanted to hold onto him as much as possible.

He wiggled in her arms then made cooing noises to get her attention. She smiled and kissed his chubby little cheeks letting him latch onto her nipple to drink for lunch. Sage was packing their bags for them without a word. The goal was for Sky to go into the hospital, get Zay, and take the next plane to Cayman Islands within the same day. She had to be fast and stealthy. She had to only pay in cash and not draw attention to herself since Ortiz's goons would be on the lookout for them. 

Sky still throbbed from giving birth, so she would need to take a good dosage of medication to help get through the mission. After she fed and burped Isaiah, Sky laid him in his crib to fall asleep. Sage grabbed their bags and walked downstairs to put them in the car. They haven't said a word to each other since Spider's big announcement. She felt horrible for thinking Sage would keep Zay being alive away from her. Now, she just wanted him to hold her. He'd been so distant and she felt it was safe to stay away until he was able to deal with Zay being alive as well. Sage took it harder than anyone since he raised him. 

The ride to the airport was quiet. All of their weapons were loaded up and Sage had them sent ahead of time to Atlanta to not have them go through security with it. They went through the airport and boarded on the plane. 

She sat in the back with Tony a row a head of her, Spider a row next to Tony, Sage a row next to Sky. It was like a box they'd made to protect each other although Sky didn't feel protected. 

She felt so alone and distant from her family and didn't know what to do. The news was painful but so was being within arms length of the people she loved and cared deeply about and none of them wanted anything to do with each other since the news, just finish the mission. 

As the plane took off, Sky moved her knees to her chest and rubbed her eyes with a sniff. Her hormones were still going crazy but she couldn't help but feel lonely. A moment later, one of the three seats next to her was vacated and she turned to see Tony's concerned face.

"Are you alright, sweetheart?"

The dam broke as she laid her head on Tony's chest to cry. He held her close, rubbing her back to console her but it made her cry even more. Sky cried for Zay, for her family, for the pain she endured from the day she was born to now, for her brother and her mother, for her dad, for everything. 

Someone sat in the other seat next to her but this time, the person's strong arms picked her up and she snuggled into the firm chest inhaling her husband's scent. His patience and love for her was enough to calm her down. She shoved her face into Sage's neck and curled up against him with a shaky sigh as he held her.

"I'm sorry for slapping you." She said softly.

Her kissed her cheek and rocked her in his arms while rubbing her back. "It's okay baby, I was just as upset as you were. We're going to get our boy back, I promise."

She wrapped her arms around him, leaning into his touch then nodded. After wiping her eyes, she sniffed and said, "I'm going to get him."

"Not matter what, you bring him home. He's still in this shit and I want you both to be safe but I need you baby."

"I got you baby," Sky grabbed his face planting a soft, deep kiss onto his lips then kissed his reddened cheek softly. "It's so red."

Sage smiled and shook his head grinning. "I've had worse, believe me. As long as I'm with you, I'm okay."