Chapter Two

I gasp and close my door. I need to leave here now. "Amethyst open the door." I bar the door and run to the bathroom opening the window. 'C'mon c'mon.'
I look down as the door gets bust open. I close my eyes as I jump down, landing on my feet.
"Amethyst, you can never get away." I pant as I take off running, feeling pain shoot up my legs. How could I be so dumb and forget shoes? I turn a corner bumping into someone.
"Woah calm down Amethyst, it's just me. I got out." I look at Xavier hugging him tightly.
"Have you seen Amber?" He nods pulling me to her.
"Let's get out of here." We slowly crawl around a bush toward the exit. I look at them and nod toward the door. 'How are we gonna get out?' He points at an exit a little off the main one. I slowly walk over to the door, pushing it slightly. Once it opens, i wave them over. "No traps, nothing." I wearily look around. "This is a forgotten exit since the main door was built."
I walk out and look around. I smile walking farther out laughing softly. I wave them over and hide behind a bush.
"Come on guys, let's get out of here as fast as possible." They both nod turning towards the forest. I turn on my phone light and take off running forward. I feel them behind me, I look back and grab my sisters hand. "Remember when we used to do this at home." I laugh softly and nod. 'You can never get away from us.' I groan loudly and run faster. "Xav, Help get them out of my head." He nods as we slow to a stop. Amber gasps leaning against a tree . He looks at the back of my neck and presses gently. "Ow what the hell!" I groan. He looks back then at me. "Lets blow this popcicle stand." I smile gently as we take of running, feeling bullets fly past us. "Do you think we'll make it alive?" I look at him panting. He looks back and nods softly. "Theres a small patch of forest up ahead. If we can make it to there..... They wont be able to find us." I nod and run faster, feeling my lungs burn. "We just gotta get to Zach before the next full moon." We slowly run into the forest hearing the bullets and footsteps stop. "I think we're safe here." He says panting heavily. I slowly slide down a tree gasping for breath. "Isn't the full moon in three days? We might not make it." I look up at him and scoff. "We have to make it. You of all people know what happens during a full moon here." He looks away and rubs his arm. I slowly get up and walk to him. "You almost got killed that time. What if the next is someone we know? Do you really wanna witness that? One of the glitches we know getting 'fixed'?" He sighs and looks at me. "Fine we can go, but we travel at night. Thats when its safest." I nod and start walking. "While we are in the forest we should make some progress. He nods as we walk in silence. I gasp and stop, turning around quickly. "Amber!" He grabs my arm shaking his head. "If we go back we die. Your gonna have to leave her and hope she made it." I push him softly. "Thats my sister dumbass. I cant just leave her." He grabs me again. "If you go back you could be killed." I nod softly, falling to my knees.
"What if we can save her? What if she dies?" I look up at him and sigh. He crouches down grabbing my shoulder. "We will save her. Dont worry."