Epilogue

All my life I've had my mom and dad to look out for me. They've never once spanked me for doing something wrong, they've never even scolded me. But they never neglected me either. To me the were good parents. But they never prepared me for living on my own. I've never even thought about it, I've never had to worry about it because i always had them. I had them for money, I had them to clean my room or any chore for that matter. So i was terrified when i got that knock on the door

Kock Kock Kock

The tv was screaming with people from the office, and I was just sitting back on the couch eating popcorn, waiting for my parents to come back from their date night. I glance over at the door with curiosity and mutter "did they forget their keys?" slowly i sit up setting my bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and walked over to the door. With my 5'2 height I stand on my tippy toes to look through the peephole in my door. My heart instantly stops. There i see two police officers standing patiently at my front door. I didn't need to open the door to know what they were there for. I could feel it. "No..." I slowly start to unlock the front door with trembling hands and a racing heart. I could already feel the tears brimming in my eyes as I slowly open the door. The two of them look at me "are you Angelica Williams?" they question me. I whisper a "yes". I wasn't sure if they could hear me, but I was so scared I couldn't seem to speak up. "Your parents..." they trail off when they see a single tear slide down my cheek. "We're so sorry" and those three words. They turned my life upside down.

Hi there! this is my very first book ever writing so comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Love you guys so much enjoy! ❤