Chapter One

"My feet can't handle this torture," 

I groan as I slowly walk up the stairs of my parents house. My first day of college just started a few days ago and with my part time job and already being loaded with tons of school work 

Why is there already school work? School literally just start, what the hell!

 I really don't have any time to be moping around, my shift starts in less than an hour and I still have to get dressed and ready. I don't even bother with a shower, I don't have enough time. If I did that I would be in the shower forever from how nice the warm water felt. 

I strip myself of my clothes and quickly dress in my all black attire and my apron for my work at a restaurant I just started at. After tying my hair in a bun on the top of my head I throw my backpack in the backseat of my run down car and start the engine. 

"No..." The engine sputters each time I turn the ignition. 

"Come on you damn car."

 At the last sputter I finally give up and smack my hand against the steering wheel. "God dammit!" 

I take my keys out of the ignition and slam my car door several times and kick the front wheel "Fucking car." 

I open the backseat of my car and grab onto my backpack throwing it over my shoulder and start walking to my job. Thankfully it's in walking distance. It's far but not far to where I'll be late.

It started to rain. 

Half way walking to my f-ing job, it started to rain. And I didn't have an umbrella. 

Life officially sucks. My car won't start, I've got blisters that feel like they could be bleeding, and now I'm walking into my job sopping wet. And you want to know what's even worse? I don't have a change of clothes. So now I have to walk around work sopping wet. Goodbye tips for today. 

I walk up to the front of the building and pull open the front door. Once I walk in I notice everyone stop to look at me, some of the teenagers snicker a little. The same teenagers I just happen to go to school with. But I don't pay anyone attention as I walk straight to the back to put my backpack in my locker. 

My friend Vanessa walks in as I'm putting my stuff away and stuffing my pockets with my essentials for work, 

"My god Ang, what the hell happened to you." 

I turn around and look at her, "My car didn't start, so I had to walk today." 

Tears are close to falling as I tell her this and she walks over to me 

"Oh sweety," she pulls me into her arms and hugs me tight to let me cry on her shoulder, "I know it's hard babe, it'll get better I promise. Just hang in there." 

She starts rubbing my back, not caring that I'm probably getting her uniform wet from mine and she just holds me. 

She knows what happened with my parents. With the bills, the constant working, and keeping up my grades. But no matter the amount of times I've sat there and cried on her shoulder from when my parents died last summer to now, she's never given up on me. She always stayed. 

I pull away and laugh a little when I look down at her now wet clothes. "Ness I got you wet," she winks at me and turns around to go to her locker. "Yeah you did," she laughs at the dirty joke and opens her locker door to pull out a pair of black leggings and a long sleeve shirt and hands it over to me. "Here girly go put these on before you embarrass the boss." 

I take the clothes from her and pull her in for a quick hug trying my best to keep in the tears "Thank you Ness, I'll wash them and give them back tomorrow."