how they met

It was a beautiful, clear evening at Mt. Nantai and an inkling was sitting at the top of it until an octoling, wearing octoleet gear, was in the distance, holding a pair of goggles. The inkling was looking quite upset about something.

Pearl: Darn it! I can't believe that I lost...

Pearl looks behind her and sees the octoling.

Pearl:Yo! I love your funky hairstyle! Whats your name?

Marina: Oh hey... Im Marina.... What about you?

Pearl: The names Pearl! Im kinda mad at the moment though.

Marina: Is that so? What happened?

Pearl: Well... There was this competition at Calamari County today and not only did I lose, but there was a lot of destruction due to the equipment.

Marina: ...A competition?

Pearl: Yeah! The Calamari County Annual Music Competition! It is my dream to become a rapper so thats why i wanted to participate. I remember seeing two inklings perform there a couple years back, they won first place, and now those inklings are the famous pop duo known as the Squid Sisters!

Marina: The Squid Sisters?! Wow! Im such a huge fan of them! They're amazing! I love everything about them! They were actually the reason I'm not being mind controlled by those stupid goggles anymore!

Marina throws her goggles on the ground and stomps on them, breaking them instantly.

Pearl: Hey Rina. I was wondering. You good with machines?

Marina: Yes! Im obsessed with heavy machinery!

Pearl: Think you could work a turntable? I got myself a plan.

Marina: Like a DJ? Yeah! I used to have one of those as a child!

Pearl: Yo Rina! We should start a band! Think about it: Me, Pearl, the rapper and you, Marina, the DJ!

Marina: Pearlie! Thats a great idea! Um are you fine with me calling you "Pearlie"?

Pearl: Yeah totally! You are my best friend now after all!

Pearl and Marina hold hands and walk down the mountain.