Chapter 3: Molly Helped

Song for the start of the chapter!

I stepped off the plane in London to be greeted by none other then the other Holmes brother. "The great Rori Anderson has come back," Mycroft said with a sour face, clearly not happy about something, probably me.

"Try not to be so happy that I'm back," I said taking slow careful steps towards him from the plane. I slept most of the way but my body still ached. I felt dirty and my head spun still from the beating I took in Russia but I pushed it to the back of my mind. I should have known that Mycroft would want me to do some work as soon as I got off the plane.

"Have something for me?" Mycroft asked as he held out his hand as if he was entitled to something that he did nothing to earn.

I frowned, already tired of being with him. "Here." I pushed the file towards him in disgust. "Now take me home. I need to change."

"Did you read this?" He eyed me carefully, making sure I was telling the truth.

I looked him straight in the eye, not having enough energy to make up a lie, I said the truth. "No why would I? Kale asked me not to."

"Since when did you listen to people?"

"I don't." I only really listened to Kale and some times not even him.

He screwed up his face and secretly I smiled, I wanted to bother him. He then walked towards the car and I followed.

The car ride through London was too long for my liking. Mycroft demanded information from him and I felt like I was in an interrogation all over again. 

"Can you just shut it for a minute?" I asked as I pushed against my head to stop the migraine from getting worse. 

"I would if you ever returned my calls when you were in Russia." 

I sighed. "You know I couldn't. I called when I could." 

"Rori, I would be lying to say I was happy with your work in Russia."

His comments felt like a slap in the face. I did the best I could. I put in countless hours for him. I gain loads of information. I even went to war for him. No one else would have been able to get the information I did for him. The only thing he had a problem with was me. If Sherlock did the same job, he would be happy with it. "I don't want to hear your comments now." I snapped at him as we turned onto Baker Street.

"We will pick up this conversation later," he said as the car stopped in front of 221. 

I nodded and got out of the car. I watched as the car went speeding off then my eyes looked at the building in front of me. Even being away for months, here still felt like home. "221 I missed you." I walked up to the front door and it opened before I even had a chance to knock. Miss Hudson smiled at me widely as if she had been waiting for me.

"Sherlock said you were coming! So nice to see you Rori," she said in his friendly tone and then looked at me from head to toe. Her smile slid off her face and changed to a look of horror. "What did you go through?"

I tried to smile at her although I was too worn out to even do that. "Hell, or Russia, either word works for me. Is Sherlock home?"

She stepped aside and let me in. She looked up the stairs. "He's in the flat waiting for you."

"Thanks."

"I'll make you a cuppa. It looks like you need some good English tea."

"I would love some. Thanks Miss Hudson," I said then walked up the stairs creaking as I went as the house was welcoming me back. It had been months since I had gone up these stairs and I missed it. I missed everything about this place and London. I never thought in a million years I would say that but it was the truth.