NWSL 2017 Week 7, Dress Shopping, and a Lake Trip

League Summary:

5/24
NCC v Sky Blue: 2-0 (Williams, Mewis)

5/27
Hou v Sea: 0-2 (Roccaro OG, Johnson)
Chi v NCC: 3-2 (Colaprico, Mautz, DiBernardo; Erceg, Debinha)
Sky Blue v Orl: 2-1 (Spencer; Kerr, Hayes)
FCKC v Wash: 3-2 (Leroux x2, Sauerbrunn; Mewis, Solaun)
Por v Bos: 2-0 (King OG, Henry)

---

"Alright, let's get this party started!" Desiree raised her mimosa glass to toast to their good luck. "Today is the day Cap that you find the most smokin' dress for your wedding."

The party all raised their glass in agreement, as well as some of their eyebrows. Not all were used to the bluntness of the Canadian.

"To the most beautiful dress." Amy echoed as they all clinked glasses.

Becky took a long sip from her glass as she glanced around the table. The group had gathered for breakfast before heading to the boutique in downtown Kansas City. Her mom had flown in the night before to maximize the amount of time she got to spend with her only daughter. They had been up late talking, but Becky didn't mind. She loved any quality time she got with her mom. She would be staying the week to watch their home game against Washington, a rare treat. Erika and Lo were wearing cheesy grins that matched the Canadian's. Her roommates were too busy making love eyes at each other across the table to say much of anything.

The gals all finished breakfast and a second round of mimosas before leaving the café. It was only a short walk down the street to the boutique. The two Sauerbrunn women walked arm in arm down the block, chatting gayly about the upcoming wedding. Wedding fever seemed to have struck the blonde defender at long last.

"We finally have everything finalized and I think Alyssa is looking at flowers soon so that way the florist can order and have them arrive there in plenty of time. Not to mention we need to get actual invitations sent out at some point but that is a heck of a lot of envelopes to seal so I will have to get the crew together to help."

"Have you looked at cakes and menus for the reception yet? Found a DJ?" Jane was glad to finally spend time with her daughter and help iron out the numerous wedding details.

"Amanda is finding a DJ – Alyssa gave her that task. Lucas said he would recommend a baker and caterer. I need to follow up with him on that. I should shoot him an email tomorrow to see if he has put a list together or not. We want them to be local to Colorado so we may have to find time to take a trip out there to get samples." Becky rattled off.

The two women kept talking as they approached the boutique. Barney was on door duty as the bridal party piled inside, Yael getting the attention of a salesperson. An older woman with pristinely shaped steel colored curls framing her smiling face. She reached out and shook hands with Yael, Becky, and Jane.

"Welcome, welcome! My name is Daphne and I will help you find the perfect dress for your wedding Ms. Sauerbrunn."

"Becky." She corrected her as they shook hands. "I suspect that we will be friends by the time today is after."

"Oh my dear, I do sincerely hope so."

And the saga began. The crew all took their seats in their designated area while Becky, Nicole, Yael, and Jane went looking for dresses to first try on. Daphne recommended that the future bride try on several different styles in order to narrow down the style before refining it to find the perfect dress. She wheeled 6 dresses into the large room for Becky to try on. Jane followed behind Becky, shooing Yael to get Barnie to sit down and rest her leg. She would help her daughter get in and out of the many dresses. The grateful smile Nicole sent her did not go unnoticed.