ONE ✱

"I SWEAR I WONT TELL ANYONE I SAW YOU AND LILA MAKING OUT, PRINCIPAL WHITE!"

the intercom echoed, everywhere. I was DEAD.

The first day of senior year, finally, my time here was almost done. I didn't really mind school to be honest, kind of because nobody knew I existed, nobody but my bestfriend, Millie. She was equally as unpopular as I was, carrying her stupid cat around everywhere in the handbag of hers, which was of course, layered in cat hair.

I walked down the stairs, dressed 'appropriately'. "What a lovely outfit choice," my mother stated with a smile, "nobody will notice you in that." My mom's words weren't mean spirited, but still, I took offence.

"What if I want to be noticed?!" I snapped, folding my arms. She rolled her eyes at me.

"Sadie, we both know that just staying in the background causes no trouble." she told me, plating my breakfast. I looked down at the plate, filled with bacon and eggs.

"You know what? Screw breakfast! I'm not hungry." I snapped, being stubborn and petty.

"You're being ridiculous, sit down." My mom rolled her eyes. I turned my back to her and folded my arms, just to prove my point. "Fine, be like that. We both know what happened when your dad wanted to stand out." Ouch.

"Don't bring him up." I muttered. I saw regret in her eyes for a few moments, then I heard a car horn. "It's Millie. I'll be off."

"Bye, honey."

We walked through the halls, my first day back and it's already been shitty. "I can't wait for this last year to be over, you know the drill." Millie reminded me.

"Ride it out in the shadows, like always." I rolled my eyes. "What if I wanted to be popular?"

"You're so dramatic." Millie stated

"No, I- Oh my god, I'm so sorry." I looked up as I bumped into none other than Lila Buckingham herself, and her fine boyfriend, Finn Wolfhard.

"Watch where you're going, freak." she scoffed, eyeing me down. I felt a rush of anger, I really couldn't hold myself back.

"I can't lie to you Lila, maybe all that plastic is getting to your head, you know, messing with your eyes?" I raised a brow.

"You-"

"Leave it, Li, she's a nobody." her boyfriend cut in. I rolled my eyes, what a jerk. I pushed past the both of them.

How could this day possibly get worse?

I hated business studies, Miss Willis was just pure evil. I never payed attention, it's not like it mattered anyway, I was like I didn't exist.

"Did you hear about Lila? Apparently she hooked up with the Coach." Millie told me.

"It's probably false, you can't ever believe rumours. Although it wouldn't surprise me." I said thoughtfully.

"New girl, be quiet!" Miss Willis scolded me.

"Actually, I'm not new. You've been teaching me for the past 3 years." I folded my arms.

"Are you going to give me attitude? Go see Principal White." I rolled my eyes, great. Turns out it can get worse.

"Wow, the new girl has some sass." Finn Wolfhard had piped up, causing his friend, Noah, to laugh.

"Damn, funny guy." I said sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"NOW!" Miss Willis yelled.

"Principal White?" I knocked softly on his door. No answer. I could hear voices from inside, he had to be in there. After a bit more knocking, I decided to enter.

I froze.

Lila.

Principal White.

They were, making out.

"Oh my god." The Principal cried, pulling away.

"I- I'll wait outside..." I stumbled on my words, stepping out of the doorway backwards. I walked into the back of the doorway, "Ow... aha..." I smiled awkwardly.

Oh my god. There is no way I just witnessed that. No way.

"You." Lila closed the door behind her softly, the lock clasped. I inched back slightly. "If you ever speak of this, I will ruin your life." I hissed, attempting to be threatening. I was more traumatised than scared. I didn't say anything.

I slid past her and into the Principal's office, then I just blurted it out,

"I swear I won't tell anyone I saw you and Lila making out, Principal White!"

The intercom echoed, I was dead.