Chapter 2 | Titan

"Mr. Stark...? I-I don't feel so good..." Tony turned, the pain and panic sharpening as he heard Peter's shaking voice. He hurried over to the kid, feeling like a heavy rock had been dropped into his stomach. He let out a tiny gasp as Peter grabbed onto him, shaking and crying. The teenager was clutching onto Tony's jacket, whimpering in pain between the sobs. "I don't- I-I don't w-" Peter tried to string words together, ultimately failing as he was overcome by a fresh wave of tears.  "Oh god, kid..." Tony whispered, placing his arms around the sobbing, pained kid, knowing there was nothing he could do for Peter until the hell that was happening to the boy dwindled. 

Tony heard panicked voices as the so called Guardians of the Galaxy seemed to be going through something similar, and he though he heard Stephen say something, but it slipped over his head. He hugged Peter closer to his chest, barely aware of the growing pounding in his own skull. Gently taking Peter down with him, Tony knelt on the tough earth of Titan. "Mr. Stark..." The boy weakly murmured, his grasp weakening on Tony. Without warning, he went limp and Tony's heart nearly burst out of chest. "Peter!? Peter!" He said, his voice rising in fear. He desperately pressed his ear to Peter's chest, exceedingly relieved to hear a heart beat through the suit. He would not let this kid die, not today.  

He winced as the splitting headache that had been only getting worse finally grabbed his attention. Tony put a hand to his head, gently laying Peter's unconscious form on the ground with the other. He let out a pained gasp as agony surged through him, suddenly feeling extremely weak, like all the strength had been sucked out of him. Desperately attempting to fight through the stabbing pain in his head quickly spreading throughout his body, Tony tried to make sense of the strange images flashing through his head. Steve, his face wrought with panic, Thanos kneeling and holding a hand to his chest, pain and distress visible on every face he could make sense of before the visions vanished from his mind's eye. 

He was unaware of his entire body shaking as a crushing darkness edged closer and closer. Tony just needed to make sure Peter was safe, and help the others, he would not allow anything to happen, not yet...

"I won't..." He managed to gasp before he collapsed, the blackness engulfing the ruined landscape and everyone in it.