Chapter 8- Damion (Edited)

Bethany Ann walked over to her boss, and I couldn't help but feel nervous and worried. Part of me was nervous because he was a male and men shouldn't be looking at what's mine.

I growled low and possessive, making Michael laugh a little. "What?" I asked, glaring at him, my eyes flashing to a darker green. "It's not funny."

Michael, held up his hands, trying not to laugh. "I'm sorry, Dude," he said. "But, you don't even know the girl. Yet, you're all ready whipped."

"It's not like you aren't whipped," I shot back. "I mean, who was it that drove 50 miles to get a Barbie Doll?"

"It was an antique Barbie Doll that my grandmother gave to me," Chloe said. "Of course, I would want it to be with me. And, it wasn't 50 miles."

"How many miles was it?" I inquired.

"Don't know, probably more."

"Exactly."

"So, that doesn't mean I'm whipped," Michael said.

"Hey, Babe," Chloe said, going all misty eyed and pouting a small bit. I had to hide back a smirk, as she made a point that Michael was totally whipped. "Do you think you can go to the truck and get my purse please? I would've brought it in, but..."

"Say no more, I'm off to get it," Michael said. He got up from the table and left to get it. He turned around and glared at me. 'Not a word,' he said. 'You're my best friend first and Alpha second.'

'I have to say it,' I replied. 'You are so totally whipped right now. It's not even funny.'

Michael growled through our link before he turned around to go outside. I could tell that he wanted to say some stuff, but he had decided against it, since he knew that my wolf was on edge at the moment.

'I want her safe,'Bane said. 'And in my arms.'

"Love you," she called out, before leaning back and smirking. "Works every time."

I bit back a laugh and nodded my head. "Now, why did you do that to him?" I was curious on what she was going to say. I knew that there were things that she covered up with her past, but I don't get why she wouldn't tell me or Michael.

Chloe turned to look at me, seriously. "She's been hurt. You can tell by her body language," she said. "She hides her feelings, because she doesn't want people to know."

A frown appeared on my face as she said that. "Hurt by whom?" I asked, coldly. "I'll kill whoever it is that hurt her."

Chloe shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know," she said, honestly. "My guess, a family member or an ex-boyfriend. Probably even both. She doesn't trust men. I'm thinking that was an ongoing thing. She's been through alot. That scar shows it."

I nodded my head. "Why tell me this with Michael gone?"

She looked at me seriously. "She is my Luna. I know what she has been going through. You hurt her, I'll kill you. I don't care if you are my Alpha or my friend."

I nodded my head, even though Bane growled a little, not liking the feeling of being threatened. "Understood," I said, not being able to keep the small growl out of my voice.

Chloe nodded her head and smiled innocently at me. She ate her food, as if nothing had happened.

What had happened to that girl? I wouldn't want to know. However, I knew that Chloe will be a great asset into trying to get Bethany Ann to talk to me. All I could do, was hope that she would at least give me a chance.

Our lives depended on it.

***

Michael came in a few minutes later, a grin plaster on his face and Chloe's purse in his hands. "Man, you should've seen what she did," he said. He handed Chloe the purse and kissed her on the forehead, making her smile.

"What'd she do? And who is she?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Your mate," Michael replied. "She almost kicked the door of her truck of its hendges. She sure has the strength of a Supernatural."

I raised an eyebrow. "And how do you know this?" I asked.

"I was spying on her," he replied in a duh tone. "I was making sure that she was all right, and the boss man wasn't going to do anything with her."

I frowned. "What happened with the boss man?" I asked, not knowing if I wanted to know or not.

"They had an argument about pay and stuff like that. Seems to me, that our girl lives on the other side of the tracks, close to, or in, The Hood. She takes on more hours, than some of the folks, who have stuff to do. However, she doesn't take their pay. They get the amount of the hours she had worked, plus the amount that they had been paid for all ready."

"So, basically she works their hours, but she doesn't get their money," I said, confused about the whole case.

"Basically, ya," a female's voice said.

I looked, startled, and saw that Bethany Ann was staring at us. However, it was like she was glaring at Michael, letting a small bit of silver fill her eyes than her green.

"I- uh....."

"Were making sure that Mr. Cather wouldn't do anything to me," she said. "You don't have to. I survived on my own for a long time and know how to fight. I don't need handouts. I'm capable of living and working on my own." She glanced at me as she said that. "Now, would like you a refill of your drinks? Or do you just need to-go boxes?"

"Uh, to-go boxes, please," I replied.

She nodded her head, indicating that she got it. She turned around, facing the other way, before walking, well stalking away from us.

"Wow," Michael said, leaning back in his chair. "For a half breed, she has a lot of power. She'll be a handful when she comes to the pack."

"Yet, she will make a fine Luna," Chloe added.

I nodded my head in agreement. "I want Warriors on her, watching her every move. I want to know which school she goes to and have her transferred to Peaks High. I want to know about her past and find whoever had hurt her. Do I make myself clear?"

They nodded their heads. "Yes, Alpha," they replied in unison, saying it soft so that the humans wouldn't hear them.

I leaned back in my seat, feeling slightly better about this whole situation. "Good."