Chapter 1: Rodan

The Demon Lord has arrived in a large tribe of the monster girls known as Ptera's. A large one, possibly the largest, descended from the largest cave in the caves. She smiles at the Demon Lord, before bowing to her.

"Maou. It has been such a long time!"

"Indeed it has, Madam Tuem. How have your daughters been since their father's death?"

"They have been coping."

"And... your son?"

Activity around the tribe stops, and they all seem to hold their breath. The chieftess grimaces and points at the volcano.

"Ah."

"He tried to flee and start a new flock, but our scouts found him and his "mate", far off to the east. We then chained his wings, before pitching him in the volcano. Our tribe does not support the weak to the cowardly."

"I see. A shame. My daughter Druella really took an interest in him."

"She would not have wanted someone so weak. Trust me."

Little did both the chiefess and the Demon Lord know, something in the volcano was waking up. Deep inside a wing twitches, before fiery eyes snapped open.

      Outside of the magma chamber, the volcano itself was shaking and rumbling. With an almighty roar, the top explodes with unfathomable force, sending a massive shockwave out. The tribe of Ptera's panic, never before had the volcano erupted with such force.

      Three Ptera's pulled themselves out of the ash, near the top of the volcano. The smallest one was limping, a large gash evident on her leg. The largest stares at the smoldering crater in shock, before shaking it off.

"C'mon. We need to get out of here."

      But as they take off, they notice a particular violent spout of lava erupt from the center. And all of a sudden, a dark claw slams down on the rim of crater, crushing rock under immense strength. Then, the body follows, spreading reddish brown wings with glowing orange veins at the rim of the wings. The figure inhales, before they let out a strange roar.

(0:00-0:08)

With a powerful beat of their wings, they take off. But the wingbeat also causes a massive blast of wind, tearing massive boulders form the ground and sending them rolling down the mountain side. The figure then dives towards the trio, orange glowing eyes glaring into terrified three terrified pairs of blue, green and purple eyes.

"What the hell is that?!"

"I don't know! Keep flying! We need to make it to the village!"

They fly faster, but still the ominous figure shoot towards them, shrouded in smoke and ash, drops of lava cascading off their wings like a rainfall. The figures scowls deepens, before they let out another, much louder roar.

(0:12-0:18)

The figure slowly bends their wings onwards, entering a minor dive. But as they closer to the ground, a large gust picks up, before becoming a fully fledged whirlwind, tearing any remaining trees from their roots. The figure then beats their wings once with incredible force, sending out a miniature shockwave.

 The figure then beats their wings once with incredible force, sending out a miniature shockwave

They are now directly behind the trio. The three Ptera's glance back and recognize the entity.

"Inferno?!"

The now identified male scowls, before roaring again.

(0:39-0:42)

      He stops mid air, before pulling his wings back, and bringing them together forcefully, causing a massive whirlwind of superheated air to race towards the trio. They try to dodge, but it it's too fast, and blows them out of the sky, straight into their village below.

      Meanwhile, not having noticed the roars over the panicked screams, the tribe suddenly goes quiet when the chieftess daughters crash into the ground. She rushes to her daughters.

"What happened?! Are you three all right?!"

"Brother. He's alive."

"What? Are you delirious from the volcanic gases?"

"Far from it, "Mother"."

     The cheiftess whirls around, her shocked red eyes meeting the menacing orange glow of his eyes. She grimaces, glaring at the smoke shrouded male. He lands with a heavy thud, and the two begin to circle each other.

"How are you alive?"

"Funny story. Not really. Does the name Rodan ring a bell?"