PDA

Steve and Elise went to the mall disguised as a civilian couple. Natasha went back to SHIELD headquarters to meet up with Agent Sharon Carter on the information Elise had asked of her.

While walking next to Steve, Elise looked straight ahead. She had on a wig with shades. "First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk." She informed him while they walked next to each other. "Makes you look suspicious."

"If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off." They went to a Mac store to use one of their computers.

"Is your cellphone turned off?" She asked him quietly.

"I didn't bring mine."

"Good. That's makes one of us." She scanned the area with her eyes before facing the computer. "The drive has a Level Six homing program, so as soon as we boot up SHIELD will know exactly where we are."

"How much time do we have?"

"Uh...about nine minutes from..." She popped the flash drive into a MacBook Pro. "Now." Steve stood close to her while scanning the area. "Fury was right about that ship, somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI, it keeps rewriting itself to counter my commands."

"Can you override it?"

Elise smirked back at him. "The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. Slightly." Steve and Elise continue to try and find out what's on the flash drive. "Plus, I'm not a hacker; but, I'm gonna try running a tracer. This is a program that SHIELD developed to track hostile malware, so if we can't read the file, maybe we can find out where it came from."

An Apple employee walked over to them. "Can I help you guys with something?"

"Oh, no. My fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Elise quickly lied while sending a smile to Steve to prove her point.

He was slightly stunned by the lie but tried to mask it. "Right! We're getting married."

"Where do you guys thinking about going?"

Steve looked down at the monitor and saw the signal traced to somewhere in New Jersey. "New Jersey."

"Oh." The employee looked at him for a moment which made the pair nervous of what the worker would say next. "I have the exact same glasses."

Elise pulled her shades with a fake laugh. "Wow! You two are practically twins."

"Yeah, I wish. Specimen. Uh...if you guys need anything, I've been Aaron."

"Thank you." Steve thanked him before the employee walked away. "You said nine minutes, come on."

"Patience, Rogers." She whispered the computer beeped lowly. "Got it." They found the signal was coming from Wheaton, NJ. "You know it?"

 "I used to. Let's go." Steve pulled the flash drive from the computer and they walked out of the store. "Standard tac-team. Two behind, to across, two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you hit the south escalator to the metro."

Two agents started coming straight towards them. "Shut up and put your arm around me, laugh at something I said."

"What?"

"Damn it, Rogers. Do it!"

Steve quickly put his arm around her and laughed. Behind them, inside the Mac store one of the agents looked around. "Negative at the source."

Elise released a sigh as the two walked towards the escalator. While they were going down the escalator, Elise spoted Rumlow on the escalator next to them going up, she turned to Steve. "Do you trust me?"

He hesitated. "Uh- yeah, sure."

"Good." She pulled him into a kiss and he felt himself wrap his hands her waist.

Rumlow looked away as he goes past them on the escalator. Elise pulled away slowly before opening her eyes to see his still closed.

She cleared her throat while pulling herself out of his grasp. "Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable."

"Yes, they do."

She looked up to see Rumlow looking down at them and she quickly pulled him into another kiss, catching him off guard. She placed her hand on his chest as she deepened the kiss. The kiss was interrupted by the end of the escalator. Pulling away, she looked back to see Rumlow gone before they both started walking out of the mall. "You still uncomfortable?"

She smirked towards him when she heard his reply. "It's not exactly the word I would use."

"Of course not."