Chapter 1- Heading back to India

Avinash's POV

I'm busy stalking my wine glass and wandering about the purpose of my journey which I have been on now. What does a person exactly do when they are in inner turmoil of their own? That's the exact thing I'm facing right now. My heart and mind are taking things differently. I feel myself inhaling and letting in a good amount of air but know the peace will not take over me until I hear out to my dad what he wants from me. In these last 8 years of my life, I worked my ass off for what I have now. Placing that glass on the surface in front of me, I moved my gaze and stared outside. The views were amazing the clouds which we are passing through. They look so peaceful, unlike my whole living structure. I'm busy admiring those but then interrupted by Sohail. "Hey, you know what? I miss my family and girlfriend very much. Now finally, I'm going to meet them and I am madly in love with her it's all about last year. You know," Hey, right my best friend is accompanying.

"Had a good meeting," I replied non-chanting.

"You sound dull. Not okay?" He raised his eyebrows.

"It's not that, I'm good but kind of weird. You know the unsettled feeling. That...." Should I continue or not? Noting has been hidden from this guy since the next second I met him in our first-ever finance class. It's a mere coincidence that within a few months, we discovered we were friends in school. Since his dad used to be an army officer they had to shift even before we got to be together. We have been with each other seeing and knowing others fun, bad, and dirty. "Why dad has ordered me to back to India? As if it's there something important. It has been 8 years since I left. Mom Dad and others visit me whenever they want to. We have vacations now and then. Moreover, I don't want to be there." As the words slipped out of my mouth I suck in a rush of air biting my inner cheek.

"Chill bro, don't be so confused. Seeing you distorted I might flip as well. It's just a visit I don't like this expression of yours," He said taking a sip of his whiskey. As I was taking in the starry view of the outside he thought not to disturb me. "I'm taking a small nap." Dude, did he say nap? It's night. Well, we are habituated to jetlags. No big deal.

I went on admiring and it's been only 4 hours passed since we had taken off. So I'm a bit bored supporting my back. I laid down to get comfort though when one air hostess asked, "Sir, you need anything?" I shook my head no thanking her for asking and placed my both hands under my head by stretching my arms and was engrossed in deep thoughts... I was 18 when I left and have been there in London for 8 years. I was not willing to stay there for some reason and wanted to go abroad. So, Dad has sent me for my higher studies to London. I was lucky enough to get admission to one best business schools along with Sohail who has been my best friend since then, he came here via a scholarship program. And after that, Dad handed me the responsibility of our London branch, not before testing if I was capable of it or not. I am blessed to get that opportunity and I have proved to others that I'm capable of everything. I achieved whatever I wanted but still had some acquires in my life.

No matter how hard I try! I missed her. By this, I also felt sleepy and I felt like closing my eyes slowly.

Ashiyaan's POV

I was scrolling down on Instagram and liking the sassy pictures of my best friend as she ordered me. Yes, ordered me. Ordered me. And there comes my brother's voice. "Di, come down. Food is on the table." He shouted.

"Oh, I'm coming," I ran for my food downstairs.

By this everyone had sited except me so I went near them and got my ass settled beside, my brother. Mom complained as usual. "Ashi, you are having a very bad habit. Always coming late to the dinner table."

"I'm sorry Mom, I'm sorry to everyone," I said filling my plate.

Arjun uncle came to my support, "No, don't be sorry." And hearing his words a smile curved on my face. Such a bitch I am. Sweet bitch correction.

"You don't know what kind of stubborn she is," My mom's Highness. But wait, reaching late at dinner and being stubborn what relation does it have? Mom and her logic. Anyways I am gonna have those extra two pieces of rasmalai. I'm sure Mom might have got those from our family's favourite shop. My brother burst out with pitter-patter laughter but was then interrupted by Rehana aunty. "Stop it, guys let's have dinner and Ashnoor let Ashiyaan as she is, after all, she is also like my daughter. I don't wanna hear any wrong about her. She is just bubbly." Oh, the topic is still on about my reaching late and stubbornness. Hell! At some point I don't want to admit but about my behavioural act. And there is again but I can't do anything this is who I am. And I'm proud of it. I won't admit it infront of people and the public and this is me too.

"Thank you aunty love you so much," I said and hugged her from beside me as she was at my other side. I am lucky that this family loves me so much like their own.

"Okay okay, I agree my friend please forgive me," Mom said with a silly and cute smile. My mom is honey too but right now I'm drowning in aunty's love syrup. "Aww mom I love you too," I said trying to be so so innocent batting my lashes with dripping innocence, and then everyone started laughing, smiling, and having our dinner then in between this, I interwined. "Have some work in my office. They called me for some help so I need to have to be there."

"Okay, your work is first but you have come for a week and it's four days you spend here," My dad looks a little gloomy. It's bad he promised me to take on an ice cream date.

"I don't want you to leave us so early," My mom said in off-mode. Got it right, she and I are not done with the shopping list we started.

"I want to stay more but I have to go." I turned to Arjun uncle and visual cues him to say something. "Oh! Our Ashi is not a little girl now. She can take care of her, she is a brave girl. Don't keep distressing about her. She will be back soon and the day after tomorrow we both are also leaving for Mumbai we will take care of her." Again this take care thing.

"Yes, you both be calm," Aunty assured them.

"Fine. Take care of yourself, haan," Mom being mom. I took a sip of my cool water. "Yeah, mom," I replied. She won't shut up until I feed her.

Dad's always been easy with me. He just always showers me with his love, blessings care, and all other sweet things. "Thank you, dad."

"And yaa! Golu you also coming with me I have booked your tickets so after dinner. Go and pack your bags." I said, hearing this his face lost every expression. "But why di, I don't wanna return now please." He pleaded. "This month you having your practicals right, so you have to prepare for it so without any acquires you have to return with me." He agreed, "Yeah." with an oh-not-so-interested-eye-roll.

By this time we completed our dinner and everyone dispersed to their respective room while uncle and aunty to their home, that time I said, "We are having our early flight." And everyone said okay in answer. I informed them cause I knew Uncle and Aunty would like to see us off.

______________________________________

I know it would have been boring for most of you but trust me 2nd chapter will make you impress

Still then like comment share u lovely readers

Love from NEHA 🤗