thirteen;

"joshie, can you come wif' me to church again? i feel bwetter when you're there." tyler says over the phone.

it's past midnight and josh has been repeatedly telling tyler he needs to go to sleep. however, the brunette is too scared to sleep alone now ever since he and josh have been sleeping beside each other. he feels oddly safe when the punk is around, like he's a protecter.

"how about this, angel, i'll come to church with you this weekend." tyler immediately squeals and smiles brightly.

"but, you have to go to sleep, precious."

the small boy sighs dramatically, but obliged and lays down on his pillow. josh softly says before hanging up,

"goodnight, little one."

"m' night, joshwa."

-

cut to sunday and tyler is getting dressed for church. the uncomfortable clothes cling to his body in a way he's never liked. the brunette looks at himself on the mirror and scowls at his reflection. he hates these clothes. boy clothes, clothes he's "suppose" to wear.

while tyler is criticizing with his eyes, his phone goes off in that special ringtone for his newly favorite person.

josh; i'll meet you at the church, okay? i brought brendon with me because he's been nagging me to see you again.

now tyler is full-blown nervous, but then realizes it's only brendon and he'll be okay. tyler grabs his phone as his mom calls him downstairs and piles into the car with his siblings, who are also fancily dressed, and they all speed off to the church.

-

much to the brunette's dismay, tyler's siblings has been arguing the entire way there. he is gradually annoyed that they won't shut up about some phone charging scandal, but immediately tunes them out when seeing joshua.

the red-haired boy is standing next to his car and didn't bother to dress up. josh has both of his nose piercings in, his gauges and his sleeve tattoos is on full display, which definitely attract some disgusted looks from religious families. his outfit makes up of some black ripped jeans and a nirvana t-shirt, with the sleeves rolled up.

next to the punk is a brendon with a black quiff and pretty much the same apparel, except a blink 182 t-shirt. a cigarette hangs from the boy's lips, which also attracts looks from people.

as the joseph family emerges from their car, tyler's siblings are still fighting. however, the brunette' parents go inside the building and leaving the children to their own devices. madison and jay continue bickering while zack walks off somewhere, talking to his friends.

tyler makes his way over to josh, his nerves of seeing josh with other people around bubbling up. thankfully, he makes it to the red-haired and tugs at the end of josh's black shirt, making his presence known.

the older turns around and stops his conversation with the brendon, his face lighting up when seeing his angel. tyler shyly wraps his arms around josh's neck as the punk wraps his arms around tyler's waist.

"hello, my angel." tyler blushes as the two pull away and josh pecks him on the cheek.

"be carefwul, joshie." the small boy responds with, looking around to make sure no one saw them.

brendon then clears his throat to announce his own presence and josh rolls his eyes playfully at him. the other punk walks around the car so now he's in from of josh and tyler.

"hey, ty." brendon smiles softly to the smaller boy as tyler hides behind josh insecurely, even if he's already met brendon.

"hewwo, brennie." tyler mumbles to the other.

brendon smiles softly at the response and then leaves the two alone, going inside the church. joshua pulls tyler out from behind him engulfs the smaller boy in a backwards hug, pulling him into his chest.

"joshie, don' let anyone see us." the red haired nods and whispers,

"i won't let anyone hurt you, little one."

soon enough, everyone enters the chapel and tyler is forced to sit with his family. josh is sitting directly beside him and brendon is beside the punk, since the pews are pretty long. tyler's parents are sat in front of them and his siblings beside the brunette.

the brunette does okay the entire service until they bring up homosexuality. brendon and tyler shift uncomfortably, but josh keeps a straight face and a calm demeanor. he doesn't care what other people have to say about his personal life, since they're not living it.

"jesus did not die just for you to constantly sin over and over with no care in the world. that is what being a homosexual is and it is an abomination. it is not tolerated in this church of god." tyler looks down instantly and distracts himself by picking at his nails.

josh notices how much this bothers tyler and whispers to him,

"meet me in the bathroom after this, yeah?"

tyler's mind did go somewhere else for a moment, but he did correct himself and nods slightly to joshua.

-

cliffhanger? quite possibly.

anyway, i'm going to take a shower now and go out to eat.

since i'm an introvert and probably will be on my phone the entire time, i might update later.

i had to fix this since i forgot i already introduced brendon. i'm really sorry about that):

-𝙨𝙝𝙚𝙧 ✰