Can We Meet?

The tapping of the keyboard grew louder and louder as my patience dripped away slowly. I have been playing for half an hour and the match still hasn't ended.

I groan once more as the Hydra the enemy pulled out incinerated me, my screen showing the words ' respawning in 59s'. I sighed and waited as the seconds ticked by slowly, yawning softly, trying not to disturb anyone sitting beside me.

I stretched as I checked my phone for notifications and news about the latest games.

"Here's your 3rd cup of coffee, dipshit", a coffee cup was placed in front of me. The liquid swishing in the cup dangerously as he placed it onto the table.

I look up to face the attractive barista that works here. His ash-blonde hair spiked and poof up like a big explosion, a small part of the front was gelled back, making him look professional but hot at the same time.

"Oh, thanks Bakugo", I grinned. I patted the empty spot next to me, gesturing him to sit down. He shook his head while frowning, his ruby red eyes piercing into me.

"I don't have time for this", he said, cheeks flushed lightly before turning on his heels and walking back to the counter.

I have 10 seconds left until I spawn back in. Nonetheless, it's enough time for the enemy to wipe my entire team and destroy the core.

I sighed disappointedly while sipping the hot coffee. My screen flashing a ' Defeated ' before loading everyone's stats during the match.

I watched as I lost a star from my rank, the star protection wasn't able to save me this time as I didn't have enough points to activate it.

I shuffle in my seat, legs numb from sitting too long in this cafe. I wiggled my fingers a little, trying to get rid of the static feeling running through them.

I switched off my laptop and packed everything up. It's a miracle that I somewhat managed to finish all my homework, leaving me a free day for today.

I walked up to the cashier to pay for everything. Bakugo typed in everything silently, leaving an awkward air between us.

I shuffled uncomfortably, adjusting my sling bag strap slightly. "You... do play right? The game?", I asked.

He stared at me unblinkingly. Narrowing his eyes before replying with a ' fuck off '. I shrugged and indeed ' fuck off ', stepping out of the cafe.

Zero is somewhat like him, but nicer, in a weird way. GroundZero is my online best friend and partner. He's a Mythic rank, number 1. Which is equivalent to being the best player in the entire game (or server region).

I too am a Mythic rank, but I'm number 2. Honestly, I wouldn't want to take Zero's spot. I enjoy seeing him happy when he's playing, gunning down his enemies or exploding them with his explosion quirk. He always seems so thrilled about his victory, his kills, assists, and rank of course.

I would never take that away from him.

I hear my ringtone ringing through my ears. I pressed the button on my earphone and a rough voice answered.

Yep, that's him.

"Hey, man!", I said.

"Be ready for a match tonight, I wanna blow some steam. That idiot entered the cafe again", he said.

I have a hunch that GroundZero is Bakugo. I mean, the way he speaks, his voice, his tone, everything just sounds like him. The fact that the things that happen, always seem to include both of us, but we don't know.

He said he has black hair though, and orange eyes instead. I think he's lying, but the fact that Zero is brutally honest doesn't fit into the ' Zero is lying ' part.