An Unconventional Thanksgiving

As October turned into November, Lachy and Molly continued to get to know each other and quite quickly became close friends. Rarely did a day go by that they didn't at least text, if not spend an hour or two in a phone call. Molly found it so easy to talk to Lachy, as if she'd known him much longer than nearly two months. In such a short time, he'd become Molly's best friend, someone she could talk to about anything and everything, and she could hardly imagine life without him.

Due to their busy work schedules, neither Lachy nor Molly knew when they'd get to see each other again, especially with the holidays coming up. At the end of November, the Wiggles tour in the States would be over and Lachy would be flying home to Australia. In fact, it was on Thanksgiving Day that Lachy was due to fly back to Brisbane. Molly couldn't understand for the life of her why Anothony had decided to book flights on one of the busiest travel days of the year. Well, for the United States, at least. They were all bound to be stuck in the airport for hours.

Molly would spend Thanksgiving with her parents at the Seacliff Inn, as she did every year. Typically, there were a few guests spending the holiday there too, but this year not a single room had been booked, and for that, Molly was glad. This was the first Thanksgiving since her breakup with Asher, and the first one she'd be spending single in almost four years. It was both refreshing and depressing at the same time.

As was tradition, Molly went grocery shopping with her mother the night before Thanksgiving and then returned to spend the night at the inn so she'd already be there to help with the cooking. However, as this year it was only herself and her parents, it wouldn't be nearly as elebarote of a celebration. Molly and her mother would still cook Thanksgiving dinner, but the plan was to sleep in and have a lazy morning watching the parade and maybe a Christmas movie or two before any cooking was to be done. But of course, nothing ever goes to plan.

Molly would have loved to sleep in, but at 6:30 on Thanksgiving morning she found herself completely wide awake. She blamed her inability to sleep on the fact that she was up before 6:00 a.m. on most mornings for work. Her body was just used to being awake at this time and it tended to happen on weekends as well. So, with a sigh Molly got out of bed and pulled on a pair of thick fuzzy socks before she made her way downstairs to the kitchen. If she was wide awake, she might as well make coffee.

Before she stepped out of her room, Molly made sure to grab her phone. She knew Lachy didn't celebrate Thanksgiving, or at least, he didn't celebrate the same time she did, but she thought she'd message him a Happy Thanksgiving anyway. Besides, she knew that he was already at the airport waiting for his 8:30 a.m. flight.

"If it even leaves by then, that is..." She muttered to herself as she curled up on the love seat in her parent's private living room, coffee in hand. Once she was settled she began to type out a text to Lachy.

"Good Morning And Happy Thanksgiving!"

While Molly waited for a reply, she sipped her coffee and scrolled through some of her social media apps, though she didn't have to wait too long. Soon her phone began to buzz with not a text but a call from Lachy. She smiled a bit as she accepted the call. "Hello?"

"You're certainly up early. What happened to sleeping in, hmm?" Lachy questioned. "Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, by the way."

"Well, you know, it's another side effect of being a teacher. I'm almost always up before the sun. It's a curse, my days of sleeping in are few and far between." She replied. "You're already at the airport, I take it?"

"It's all the coffee you drink, you can't convince me otherwise. I swear you drink more coffee than any person I know, Molls. You're addicted." Lachy's voice held a teasing tone despite the fact that he was absolutely right. " And I am, yes. The others, however, are not. There's talk of bad weather out west that will delay some flights or possibly cancel some, so Anthony suggested staying in the U.S. through the weekend rather than being cooped up in an airport for God knows how long.."