2.5

Once I'm on stage, performing feels like second nature.

Soon I realize that I'm about to sing my fourth song. The crowd is going crazy. My music must have attracted people walking by because now it's doubled in size. Adrenaline pumps through my veins and I can't fight the grin off my face; flattered by the constant cheering and whistling. Most have stood to their feet, shouting encouraging words and reacting in ways that make it hard for me to focus.

I miss this. For the last six months, I've been so focused on my album that I've completely forgotten the buzz that performing gives me. It feels like I'm alive. It's truly exhilarating. I receive claps on the back and random handshakes as I exit the stage. People are cheering and interrupting me to tell me how good I am. I smile politely, muttering thank you's and trying not to become flustered in the crowd that starts to form around me. In the corner, I spot Megan. She glances over her shoulder and it seems as if something is wrong.

Her cheeks are flushed, eyes wide and lips slightly parted. But then she turns back around, returning her attention to a curly head brunette beside her. I can't see him from where I'm standing, since he's completely facing the bar. But I catch a glimpse of his back profile and I notice that he sports a red hoodie and black sweats. It takes me a while to make my way over to the bar. Eddie stops me in my tracks on the way there. We share the usual chatter while laughing and hugging.

"I have someone for you to meet!" He announces.

Despite his age, Eddie pulls me to the bar with brute strength. I blink in surprise, laughing at his excitement. Soon we approach Megan. She turns around and so does the boy beside her.

In that moment, I don't know what is more shocking; the furious blush that covers her face--the fact that Megan looks completely dumbfounded. Or the handsome boy staring back at me. I recognize his face immediately and even though I've had enough luck to meet my fair share of celebrities, it still shocks me to realize who I'm standing in front of.

"Josie, this is Harry! I reckon you've heard of him before? Harry Styles?" Eddie smiles. And then he lets go of me, laying his hand on Harry's shoulder. It's weird to watch how nonchalant Eddie is in this moment. Like the fact that he knows one of the most relevant popstars of our generation isn't completely baffling to him.

Meanwhile, I struggle not to choke on my spit.

Harry Styles is sitting right in front of me.

We're in the very same bar.

Damn.

His chestnut curls peak out from underneath his snapback. He's smiling at me and deep dimples are visible in his cheeks. I can't help but notice the crinkles that appear around his eyes.

Cute.

"Hello Josie." He greets warmly. I notice the thick accent that he carries and the way he lets his words drag out. It feels surreal to hear him say my name. This is the same boy that was the cause of me being trampled by his fangirls at the last red carpet a few month ago. The slight frustration of the memory is fleeting and leaves within a few seconds.

"I met Harry a few weeks ago," Eddie continues. "He came in here for Memorial Day! It was completely coincidental because I just saw him on the Tonight Show." Then Eddie smiles at Harry, as if he's known the rockstar more than just a few weeks. It's kind of amusing to see how familiar they are with each other, interacting as old friends and sharing comforting touches despite only being in the presence of one another for less than a month. And it's just as amusing to hear Eddie talk about Memorial Day as if it's some sort of benchmark.

Then Harry turns his attention back towards me. He reaches out his hand and instinctively I shake it. The handshake is soft and lasts a little longer than necessary. Eventually, he lets go, dropping his arms back to his side. But his gaze still remains on me; unwavering. I try to find it within myself to say something--anything. However, I know that I'm suffering from a bad case of admiration.

Besides, it's probably best that I don't speak for now anyways. My mouth is pooling with spit faster than usual.

"...I was talking to your friend Megan while you were singing," He goes on. "I'm a fan your music. You're releasing an album soon right?"

My eyes widen.

Oh shit.

He listens to me?

"You're fucking kidding!" I say, in shock. I can't help but let my jaw drop. My brain begins to hurt as I try to process what's happening. "You listen to my music?"

If my brain wasn't registering a trillion thoughts per minute, I'd be able to process the chuckles that escape Eddie. But instead, I'm too busy being dumbfounded by Harry. His features shift into an expression of amusement and he lets out a breathy laugh.

"Well, yes." He smiles. "We should exchange contact information. Maybe have coffee or something? Talk about possible music collaborations?"

That's when I shit my pants; the most humiliating side effect of nerves, disbelief and irritable bowel syndrome.

Just kidding.

I actually go the full nine yards for a more embarrassing reaction. According to scientists, I start exhaling more than I inhale; in such an extreme manner that I experience a rapid reduction in carbon dioxide. These low levels of CO2 lead to the narrowing of blood vessels that supply blood to my brain. End result? Syncope.

Others may call this fainting due to hyperventilation.

And they also may say that the usual causes for this are because of fear, stress or phobias.

However in my case, Harry Styles definitely is the culprit.