Trailer & Prologue

Dear Mom and Dad,

Dear Mom and Dad,

I know it's been a bit since you last heard from me. I wanted to write you and let you know that I'm fine. Great, even. I've been traveling and exploring. Living the life we always thought I would. The journey hasn't been without its trials and tribulations, but I'm still happy. I feel like I'm on cloud nine. Floating from destination to destination. All that's missing is the both of you.

I'm in Tahiti at the moment. Right on the beach. It's beautiful. I keep imagining you both coming here with me at some point and soaking in the singe of the sun. You'd love it here.

I'm tucked away in my hotel suite, wearing the pink sweater you bought me. It's crazy how it still smells like home. You always knew that pink is my favorite color. Remember that one Christmas when you bought me a blue hoodie and not the pink? Man, did I throw a fit. I'm laughing to myself now because blue is quickly becoming one of my favorite colors. Who would have thought, right?

I miss you both terribly. Please know that I'm safe. I'm happy. There's a twinge of fright in my bones but that's to be expected. Dad always taught me to be self reliant and I'm listening to those words more than ever. I can practically hear his deep voice telling me to be strong. And don't fret, Mom. You're here too. Every time I look at myself in the mirror, I see your eyes looking back at me. Guiding me.

I can't give you a stable return address right now. We're at the hotel but we aren't staying here much longer. A day or so, maybe. I'm still bouncing from place to place but I'll be settled soon, so Dad, please stop your worrying right now.

You raised me right. I love you. I'll see you soon. Be safe.

Love,
Your daughter