000. [wizards and dragons]

000. wizards & dragons
— i don't get it, what's so fun about
wizards and dragons?

          𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐉𝐄𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐘, 𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐈𝐅 𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆. The young Balaster boy didn't understand the party's ridiculous love for the game D&D. He saw them play it—Mike Wheeler hissing out thrilling stories, going on about how it was a Paladins' duty to uphold the meetings in the Wheeler's backyards, and instantly wanted to join. If the game was anything like the stories the Wheeler boy told, he wanted to try it out for himself. So, taking the little money from his worn-out piggy bank and sneaking his way into his mother's saving drawers, he sauntered his way towards the small store around the corner and bought him a freshly packaged box of the quizzical game.

He held the foreign box close to his chest. He wouldn't let go, he spent a fortune on it, after all, the game wasn't cheap, wasn't cheap at all. Pondering on whether or not it was worth it, he trudged through the dimly light forest, turning and twisting his way through the murky wilderness.

Humming the sharp tunes of his favorite song; had to be Elton John of course: Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, he paused and gave the Wheeler's home a gaze full of longing, only to stare into the milky dark brown eyes of Mike Wheeler. The said boy gave Tommy a hard look, grabbing the old box of dungeons and dragons and stomping his way into his luxurious two-story abode, leaving his confused party of friends to wonder what happened.

Dustin Henderson, the toothless freak of the fourth-grade class associated himself with the Wheeler's son, hanging out with Tommy during science periods and sometimes even recess whenever Mike wasn't around. Thomas wouldn't admit it but he enjoyed Henderson's company, it helped him with his undeniable loneliness. Next to him was Lucas Sinclair. He was different, bossy but at the same time some-what approachable—doesn't mean Thomas taked to him, no, even if he did his mother would have his head. He'd seen Lucas wander around the halls with the familiar three boys flanking his side and he felt the itching desire to join them. The last boy was short, with brown locks the framed his head in a bowl cut. William Byers was Tommy's favorite, no doubt, but whenever he saw the youngest Byers, he'd get an anxious feeling to scurry up his spine. Despite that, the two sent each other nervous smiles and quick, shy waves.

He wasn't close to any of them, not as close as he wanted to be at least, but the little interactions they shared was more than enough for him to call them his friends; though the feeling may not have been mutual.

Despite the small waves in the hallways and the less than daily hello's and goodbye's with his friends, Mike Wheeler never liked Thomas. Whenever he'd see someone from the party he created talking to the Balaster boy, he'd be quick to pull them away and shoo the shorter boy away.

Thomas Balaster was an idiosyncratic child who did peculiar things and Mike Wheeler didn't like that, he didn't like that one bit.

But little did he know—or anyone in Hawkins as a matter of fact, that the little Balaster boy wasn't the only strange thing to happen in the small town. Something else was coming, something mystifying and sinister was about to make its way into the quiet town of Hawkins, Indiana, something that even the strange Thomas Balaster was afraid of.

HOELAD SPEAKS.—
sorry for the bad grammar
and the rushed chapter
i hope that is wasn't too
all over the place and made
sense in a way. more will
be explained as the story goes
on but please, leave me some
constructive criticism please~★

©hoelad 2019