Chapter 1: The River's Edge pt. 3

A/N: Hey guys, I just wanted to clarify how far along in her Pregnancy Amethyst is. In the show, school starts like mid August. Basing it off if that I want to say that Amethyst got pregnant in the beginning of May, and had only found out about the baby in July and told Archie the news July 4th. If we gi that route, it would fit in with the direction I'm trying take the story, making so she can no longer hide her pregnancy due to the size of her stomach.
----------------------------------------------------
RIVERDALE HIGH - GYMNASIUM

On center stage, Cheryl Blossom commences her speech,

"Thank you for that moment of silence. Many of you were lucky enough to have known my brother personally. Each and every one of you meant the world to Jason. I loved my brother. He was and always will be my soul-mate -- so I speak with a confidence only a twin could have. Jason wouldn’t want us to spend the year mourning. Jason would want us to move on with our lives. Which is why I've asked the school board not to cancel the Back-to-School semi-formal. But rather to let us use it as a way to heal, collectively, and celebrate my brother's too, too short life, thank you all."

The student body starts applauding Cheryl. Amethyst stares down at the rows where teachers are sitting. A young female teacher, Ms. Grundy turns back and locks eyes with Amy.

As the assembly ends Amethyst cant help but remember that 4th of July day in which Ms. Grundy stumbled upon the young couple and overheard their news.

RIVERDALE HIGH - HALLWAY

Archie and Amy are trying to catch-up to Ms. Grundy, who walks ahead of them, through the students going to class

"Ms. Grundy -- Ms. Grundy, Geraldine!" Amy calls out.

Ms. Grundy turns on her heel to face them.

"What can I do for you two?"

" I -- I -- can we talk, Ms. Grundy? Please?" Amy replies while she and Archie look at each other.

"It depends. About what?" Ms. Grundy hesitantly replies.

"The baby..." Amy whispers.

"...of course. Make an appointment. During
my office hours. My official office hours." She smiles at them.

She turns, starts to walk away from them again.

LUNCH-TIME
Archie and Amethyst are sat at a table awaiting their friends to join them. Although they agreed not to expose their secret yet, Archie cant help but hold her hand under the table.

He looks down at her stomach, though her baby bump is concealed by her baggy clothes. He cant help the gentle smile painted on his lips.

"You're so beautiful."

At this Amy looks up at Archie with a loving gaze, just as she is about to respond, Betty and Kevin join the table. Slowly followed by Veronica, who walked their way from the other side if the school yard.

"Can I join?" Veronica asks, looking at Betty for her approval.

Although disappointed, Betty let's out a small "Yeah."