ғᴏᴜʀ

"Move around from time to time." Is what the doctor said when Donghyuck went in for his weekly check up, with the assistance of Johnny, of course, since the others he lived with weren't able to join him, claiming that they were busy with work or university, something Donghyuck could never understand.

The doctor also told him to start socialising a little bit more, somehow being able to see through the fake smile Donghyuck had plastered over his face, trying to cover up the immense amount of fear and panic that ran through him. Johnny, apparently, had also caught on, now regularly visiting the dorm to check on Donghyuck, much to Jaemin's dismay, as he didn't like other people coming in and out of the dorm whilst he was out.

But even if Donghyuck was getting help from people, correction: Johnny, he still lay on his bed, back aching for staying in one position for too long, and eyes glued onto the ceiling, mind wandering off the most deepest and nearly forgotten areas of his brain, pulling out every negative thing that ever occured in his short lifetime. Memories of all the times Jaemin got annoyed by Donghyuck's competitive behaviour, or when Renjun got sick and tired of his dark humour, or even when Mark pushed him away and told him to stop bothering him. Although this all happened years ago, when they weren't familiar with each other, guilt and regret coursed through Donghyuck, tears rolling from his eyes and into his hair, unable to get down his cheeks, as they were too high and chubby for the liquid to climb up.

"You look miserable," Renjun stated, opening the door to catch a glimpse of Donghyuck's face before he quickly wiped it with his hand, trying to cover the mess he was. "What happened?"

Donghyuck watched as Renjun walked around his bed, choosing not to sit besides him on chair, but instead in the bed, making a small fluttering feeling flourish through Donghyuck.

"Nothing." He coughed, his voice cracked and Renjun immediately wrapped his arms around him, pulling him into a hug, but before he could go any further, Donghyuck placed a hand over his chest, attempting to create enough space between them so that the older couldn't feel how fat he had become.

"Yeah, because this is totally nothing." Renjun scoffed, gesturing to the empty area around them and then at Donghyuck's face, which was puffy, and not because of his tears, and red, since he was getting more and more embarrassed by the second. His calm and prideful image was getting destroyed by Renjun finding him at his worst, hidden under the blankets, covering his stomach with a hand, pressing on it harshly to somehow flatten it. "Donghyuck, you know you can tell us."

As if, Donghyuck thought, his ears heating at the thought of telling his friends about how he was so conscious about his weight. He knew that if he was to tell them they'd probably laugh, pinch his cheek, admit to the fact that he was getting fatter before turning away and not knowing that their words hit him right in the heart. He didn't want that confirmation.

"I know," Donghyuck lied, the doubt and lack of trust heavy over his tone, but clearly not noticeable because the way Renjun's worried expression melted into a calm smile, and his arms around Donghyuck's waist relaxed, told him that he had managed to fool the latter.

"I'm gonna go now," Renjun said, pulling his arms away from Donghyuck, who had to try his best to keep a frustrated whine from slipping out of his mouth. At the moment, all Donghyuck wanted, other than being able to walk again, were some hugs from his friends, specifically the black haired male who was refusing to enter Donghyuck's room. "I'll see you later."

And with that, Renjun left the room, his footsteps being heard loudly and the brunette stared at his back, disappearing into the living room. The door to the dorm opened a while later and a few voices spoke, which Donghyuck immediately recognised, feeling a rush of excitement as it had been so long since he had last spoken to them.

"How's Hyuck?" Yuta asked, leaning over the counter, not knowing Donghyuck was able to see him through the small space left in his door. A bit of joy ran through Donghyuck's body, realising that there was someone who had come all the way to the dorm just to check on him. "Is he doing any better?"

"The doctors said his leg has been healing." Renjun explained, his voice echoing in their half empty dorm and seeping into the brunette's room. "But he doesn't seem to be doing well, mentally."

"What do you mean?" Before Donghyuck could hear the rest of what Renjun was saying, or even see, someone came and stood in front of the door, looking down at him.

"Huh?" Donghyuck raised his gaze, tracking up the jeans and white shirt to lock eyes with Mark, the only person he had been dying to meet, however the sight of him made him even more nervous, and conscious about how he looked. "Mark?"

"How are you?" Mark said, still standing at the door and not entering, informing Donghyuck that he was, in fact, not willing to meet him. This injury was really showing Donghyuck how much the others cared. "Does your leg still hurt?"

"Not as much, anymore," Donghyuck muttered, hoping Mark hadn't heard him so that he would finally walk through the door, pull up a chair and perhaps hold his hand to comfort him. But instead, Mark, who had managed to make out the mumble clearly, nodded and then turned around, pulling the door handle and closing it behind himself, leaving Donghyuck once again, alone.

The silence of the room hit Donghyuck in his chest and the ticking of the clock got louder and louder, until he could almost hear it inside himself, ringing in his ear so loudly that he had to cover his head with his hands. The grey curtains hanging by the window, the ones that hadn't been pulled apart in nearly a whole month, let the light shine in, but only to make the room darker than it was before, adding to the air of melancholy surrounding Donghyuck.

"Maybe," He sighed, closing his eyes shut to force himself to sleep again whilst trying to tune out the noisy guests he could hear outside his room, laughing and playing, "Maybe they enjoy things more without me. I am annoying."

Donghyuck turned his body around, bringing his hands down to shift his leg, before tucking them under his head, breathing heavily as he thought more about his friends. Donghyuck was annoying, and he knew was. He used to be proud of it, knowing that he could piss off any of the guys by simply speaking, knowing that the others tried their best to satisfy Donghyuck so that he wouldn't mess with them. But now, when Donghyuck looks back at the all the things he did, it makes sense as to why no one wants to spend time with him, lay in bed with him, tell him that he's going to get better soon, and even tell him that he wasn't annoying.

But that's the thing, he was.

"Hyuck?" Yuta said, opening the door to the room to see Donghyuck laying on his bed sideways, staring up at him with surprise, because he was so sure that Yuta and the others didn't want to see him. "Oh."

They locked eyes but soon Yuta's travelled down, examining his cheeks, the way his chin was doubled and the fat filled arms that he had wrapped around himself. Donghyuck swallowed in a painfully loud manner, and his breath hitched as Yuta looked up at him again. A smile broke out on Yuta's face, and he brought a hand up to conceal his laughter, before saying,

"Donghyuck, you've gotten so fat."

Donghyuck burst out in tears after that.