Clueless (Thomas Shelby x Reader)

Credit to the image creator

Summary: The reader finds herself at a club, lonely and feeling sorry for herself when her night takes an unexpected turn.

Word Count: 1731

A/N: Okay, so this was supposed to be a small 400-500 word drabble to get me back into of the swing of writing for Tommy, so I can write the next chapter of 'Something So Strong' but somehow it turned into this. Whoopsy daisy!

Please feel free to leave a comment or message, feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

How you went through your whole life in Birmingham without knowing who Thomas Shelby was, well

How you went through your whole life in Birmingham without knowing who Thomas Shelby was, well.... it was beyond you. Of course, you had heard of him and his notorious family, honestly, you would have to live under a rock on a deserted island in the middle of the North Sea, to have never heard of them. Yet, you could trip over any one of them in the middle of the street during broad daylight and still not have a clue who they were. And the day you meet Thomas Shelby that's exactly what happened... well almost.

It was your own stupid fault, not that you regretted it, not one little bit. Being knocked off your feet, yes, actually knocked to the floor by one of the most dashing and handsome men you had ever seen was at that moment the most exciting thing that had happened to you all night... all day... all week, month or year.

You were heading towards the foyer of the club to collect your coat and leave after the night had taken a turn for the worst. You had barely even finished your first whiskey when you looked up from the bar to see your ex-fiancé walk through the door, his new gorgeous girlfriend wrapped proudly around his arm. Never had you wanted to get out of somewhere so quickly, unable to bear the sight of him so happy, when you were there all alone. It was petty you knew, but you couldn't help it. He had put you through so much this year, you had your whole life planned out together, everything was organised, the wedding invitations were sent and he went and threw it all away, dumping you a week before the wedding for a floozy he met just a few days earlier. The floozy hanging from his arm, a woman, no, a little girl who followed him around like a lost puppy. Maybe that's what he wanted, a helpless wife he could shape and mold to suit and serve him. Well... he was never going to find that in you, so maybe you were better off without him and as you picked up your tumbler dispatching what remained down your throat, that's exactly what you tried to tell yourself.

With that, you stood up from the bar keeping your eyes glued to the floor, avoiding everyone's gaze as you made a quick beeline for the exit, not at all watching where you were going. In the following moment, you found your backside flat to the floor and your head thumping hard against the side of the doorway. Lifting your hand to the side of your head you looked up in a bit of a daze, your eyes meeting with a pair of the most stunning blue eyes, looking worried and concerned as their owner began making a fuss over you.

Crouching down beside you, he lifted your hand from your head, inspecting the injury as he apologised, "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there."

You made an attempt to stand, grateful when he placed a sturdy arm around your waist to help you to your feet and even in your daze his touch sent a flutter throughout your chest. "No, no, I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."