/

chapter_one — ( aviation ) .

                      A tired groan as she rises from her bed. The bed frame squeaking from the weight shift as she gets up and stretched her tired limbs, a few pops and cracks sounded. The make-shift bedsheet curtains blocking the late sunlight. As she looks over at the broken glass of the clock on the wall

3:34PM

Late noon. About half an hour till her shift. Although her shift was after lunch hour, she worked during the dinner rush which completely drained her from all demanding and rude customers but, the few nice people seemed to make up for it.

And after working and closing up, you'd presume she'd make her way back home. Wrong, she heads over to her second job as a bartender in a club. Working from midnight to early sunrise. She was almost working 24/7, to maintain a somewhat liveable life.

A cheap rundown apartment, meals consisting of leftovers from the restaurant, and thrifted and borrowed clothing. Most of the money going to clear water and power. Although most would see this situation as barely living, she preferred it this way. Over the years, you could say that her currently was a luxury!

Couple years before and she had been couch surfing and struggling to get a job. After all nobody wanted someone that didn't even make it through high school! But, a nice lady who lenses her her couch offered a job for her until she could get back on her own two feet.

Now, she had a place of her own. Albeit not a very good one. She had food, clear water and enough power to keep her warm and clean. It was good enough for now. Maybe one day, she could get a nicer apartment with a view of the city! Maybe even a house!

Most would call her a sad little thing. A young overworked girl trying to make it by in life. Wanting nothing more but to live comfortably and possibly even have a companion, whether that be a dog, cat, maybe even a partner. What a dreamer she is, poor, poor little (Y/N).

. . .

The sound of a small bell bounces around the restaurant as your fellow coworkers turn towards you. You wave towards the girl who'd you be switching out with as you head into the back to get into uniform.

The uniform was a simple black and white theme. A white dress shirt with a thin black ribbon around the neck, a black skirt for the girls, matched with black tights and short pumps, and your hair tied back with another black ribbon.

Considering what you walked in with, this was your nicest set of clothes despite not even owning it. After changing and setting your clothes into the locker, you quickly punch in before stepping out.

The time just barely pass 4. Everyone from the first shift switching out with the second shift. The amount of people during your shift substantially less then first. Although you understand not wanting to work till midnight full-time.

You went about the normal routine of wiping down tables and counters while waiting for customers. Sweeping the floors and checking who had reservations since the rush only began at around 7-8.

Soon, people piled into the open space quickly taking up tables and placing orders. The hostess helping out the reservations as you handed out dishes and took orders. You were rushing back and forth through different tables and the kitchen with the amount of people there was.