Weird people, Weird world

The villagers were struck with awe when they saw her. It was probably because they had never seen a blue-eyed Caucasian. As though in paralysis she could not move at all, and maybe this was because it was her first time in Africa or the eyes of the hundred semi-nude people staring at her. One thing she did know though, was that she was in for a big surprise as we were to dig deep into one of the thickest forests in the continent right behind the mountains ahead.

We met in sun-bathed Redding, California as I was walking from a secret location within the city, subsequent to a rendezvous with the mayor. It seemed like a good idea at the time to walk in what I considered to be a clever disguise on the streets of Redding, but after about forty seconds it proved to have been an almost-fatal mistake. A group of about ten young women recognised me and, being one of the top ten platinum record artists in America, it was something I should have anticipated. These young women quickly took photos of me and sent them across the web and within another minute, as I had already started running for my life, a group of about a hundred people was already chasing me.

As I ran and made a turn at a sharp building corner, out of nowhere a girl swiftly pulled me into the door of an abandoned building. Unexpectedly, she covered my mouth with a thick cloth to keep me from screaming, and the crowd that was behind me now was like a dog chasing after its tail, never to catch me. It took around ten minutes for the whole crowd to pass and I was breathing heavily with gratitude. Normally I would feel totally uncomfortable being alone with a female in a run-down abandoned building, but I had an intuitive feeling that she was special, maybe it was because she just rescued me from a mob of hundreds or the slight attraction I felt towards her, I would probably never know. Her name was Gwendolyn.

Under normal circumstances, I would have asked what she was doing in there, but the debt I felt I owed her would not allow me to do so. I took her to my presidential suite in one of the nearby five-star hotels, and there we met my idiotic body-guards whom for some reason had let me go meet the mayor alone. Gwendolyn and I sat together in the suite for about three hours, chatting, and to me I was paying my debt bit-by-bit. As our long conversation ended, I offered to take her on a trip to Kenya and she agreed, but surprisingly she did not ask what would be the agenda in Kenya. Meanwhile, all I knew was that she had never stepped out of the boarders of America.

About a month later my private jet was parked at the airport in Nairobi. The president of Kenya, Alamini Barasa received us warmly with an entourage five times the size of a football team. With a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Gwendolyn before me I could tell that she was not accustomed to such treatment. After we arrived at Fairmont The Norfolk hotel, which is fifteen stories high and lined with pure gold on each window pane with thirty five carat diamonds incrusted on the door knobs, she could not stop talking about how it was the first time she had been aboard an aircraft and shook the hand of a president. I patiently waited for her to end her babbling, then I told her that the next day I would take her to the village where I grew up. As expected, she was speechless. She could not imagine that I, one of the most famous and wealthiest artists, not only in America but in the whole western hemisphere, grew up in a remote village in Kenya.

The next morning we arrived in Samburu, my home village, and the villagers where struck with awe when they saw her. It was probably because they had never seen a blue-eyed Caucasian. As though in paralysis she could not move at all, and maybe this was because it was her first time in Africa or the eyes of the hundred semi-nude people staring at her. One thing she did know though, was that she was in for a big surprise as we were to dig deep into one of the thickest forests in the continent right behind the mountains ahead. Soon after being seen by the villagers we set off into the woods. I did not want to see the chief because he always expected a lot from me, and despite my success I seemed to have been a failure in his eyes.

As our hike into the thick forest began, Gwendolyn started to complain, for the first time since I met her. It was as though my feet were nailed to the floor as a door with rusty hinges was pushed and pulled to no end, and I almost burst in a fit of anger, but I held my peace. I was still paying my debt. We arrived at our destination, the foot of Mount Kulal and I held her hand as we entered a dark ominous cave. She asked me why I did not come with a torch, but I kept quiet. We continued walking and I could sense that she was surprised that I knew the way, because she clung to me like a frightened child.

After a few minutes we entered into a circular brightly lit cave room, which had wooden torches all around the wall. Gwendolyn quickly left my hand in amazement and stepped in front of me in awe as she gazed at the cave room. It perplexed me that she did not ask what we were doing there, but I had a strange feeling that she knew and that she was prepared. I stepped into the middle of the empty room and shouted 'Aja!' Suddenly the room began to shake at the sound of a loud growl. Gwendolyn was shrieking and on her knees begging the gods to spare her. I was surprised that she even believed in gods, let alone begging them for mercy, or maybe it was just the heat of the moment.

As the growling continued, one piece of the wall fell back, and out came a crimson panther. I bowed to my knees and Gwendolyn was quiet. To the shape shifting goddess, Aja, I recited an ancient mantra only known by the royal blood of my tribe. I then asked her to make Gwendolyn rich as she had done to me, and she licked my face in agreement. Aja walked steadily to Gwendolyn, who at this point was paralysed with fear. She climbed steadily onto Aja's back. Aja took her to the room she came out of. As they entered the dark room Gwendolyn softly said to me, "Thank you". I had paid my debt.

#WhenItRainsItPours