13

Alis mums rug has been here for years. Its her favourite piece of her work, she lives, breathes rugs and design. At this moment the rug has wine/beer stains and a load of dirty shoe marks. Do I know that tomorrow I'll find myself a phone call asking for help with the clear up? Yes

The musics escaping from each window and crack of the tower block. Its like a scene of love and laughter. The speakers vibrated so loud my skin tingled and my lungs were talking to mush, I was breathless for once. Hazy chatter could be heard. The songs got louder, but the energy got bigger and bigger until the crowd couldn't stop laughing. Whilst we all danced and jumped up and down I stopped caring and gave in  to the free drink given to me. I downed each one until I could feel my head buzz.

[AMELIA POV]

Jade flirted with me in her room earlier. Although she's bad she made me feel something. Don't get me wrong I never thought she'd want me or I'd even be going to her house, let alone this party this morning. But maybe if I get close to her I can see the truth whether or not she is genuine. I never thought it would play out like this. But when she didn't ask for help I wanted her to feel grateful.

I don't know if I was just trying to be nice or? I did let out some compliments because she needs that. She deserves the truth at least even if she is horrible to Jamie. When I first took off her dress,  I was going to let her finish but I fell at a halt. Im not even sure what happened I just remember glancing at her back. When feeling bad I let her borrow a spare of mine. It suited her so well, even more than me.

Then she came out and said do u like me better with the dress on or nothing and I was lost for words.  I didn't want to become weak for her. I had been confident most of the day and she was going back to her old ways, hardcore and badass whilst me innocent. I gave in to her because I loved the feeling. I loved that she was a challenge, different and a bad girl. I wanted her to break me in a good way. She asked the same questions over and over, I didn't know what to reply. I was too lost in the moment. I didn't want her to see me because we hadn't seen each other fully yet.

I asked her if she was sure. If she was ready for this.

I didn't want the moment to stop. Her touch made me nervous. I was so nervous that I enjoyed every second.
•••••••••
She spoke about Zac. She Called him fit and hot, all the words I'm not. I guess she's not into me just the attention part.
I bet shes done that with hundreds of girls, even more. That's what made me stop.

[8:45pm]

I sit on Aliyas sofa staring at the world drift by as jade and everyone else drinks themselves to death. Its one after another after another. I don't want to drink because tomorrow, school would give me worser eye bags. Ive been sat here for about 20 minutes since we got here and its been pretty lonely to say the least. Jades dancing with Aliya so I leave them too it. Everyone else looks busy or passed out in the other rooms.

A younger boy walks over and smiles, "DO YOU WANT A DRINK?" he has the coolest circle glasses that lights up to the beat of the loud EDM.

"WHAT?" I ask.

"THIS?" He points to his cup which has a green liquid inside. It looks like Shrek water.

"IM NOT DRINKING."

"WHAT?" deja vu moment.

"I SAID IM NOT DRINKING." I try to explain with hand movements, with a nod to the side. He eventually gets the gist and walks onto the dance floor with the other unknown guys.

The music makes my heart thump more than jade being close to me. I thought that was impossible but it apparently isn't. I slouch down into the couch and close my eyes. It helps for a while until my head starts to pound. Migraines.

I flee out of the house and sit on the balcony. Theres houses all along the pavement but they look deserted but the police cant hear nothing cause we are 13 floors above the clouds. We Stan towerblocks.

"Im guessing you find it too loud in there too?" says the punk girl taking a drag. I nod and glimpse at the haze floating from her lips.

"You want some?" She asks pushing it towards me. I haven't smoked in months. The last time was when my sister moved out because she thought our lives were a hell hole and she wanted to go explore turns out that was a lie and she really went away because my parents couldn't handle her being rebellious.

"yeah why not." I take the joint from her fingertips and lightly puff. It felt good like it was a missing part of me. god I needed it.

A couple of puffs later we headed back inside and started talking on the sofa. Good to know I wasnt a complete loner the whole time.

At that point the scene felt hazy like a smoke machine. It felt good though. I felt alive.

Mid convo with the punk girl about why the governments hiding information on aliens. I see Jade storming over about to say, " who's this?"

I look at the punk and say, "who are you?"

We both laugh until we can't stop grinning.

"Who even am I?" Her pink hair covers her eyes and she takes another drag.

"Amelia we're going." Jade pushes me off the sofa.

"I don't want to go." I reply sadly.

She pulls my hand onto her shoulder. Suddenly I'm just weak.

"See you later punk girl." I shout and do the rock sign with my eyes closed. I'm so gone.