A Sibling Surf Competition Failure

Rosa Storm:

It was a lovely summer's day and I was sunbathing on the beach. Zak was recording some video for his YouTube channel as he surfed the waves. I normally get more views on my diving channel, because Zak's pathetic little stunts are no match for my amazing flips. "Hey Sis! Coming to join me, or are you scared?" He taunted as he jumped another wave. "Very funny, Zak! But I am actually in the middle of some very important... summer work! The task is to not do anything as often as you can!" I replied. "Really? I bet you're just scared I'll record you falling into the water after you see how more incredibly talented I am than you at surfing!" He laughed and flipped, landing on the water and scoring a perfect 10 if it was a surfing competition. In my opinion, it was more like a rubbish ZERO! I could do better than him and he knows it. That was when I had an idea. 

"Zak! Get over here right now!" I called. He surfed over and tried to flip over on his board so that he landed on his board on the sand, but instead he fell headfirst into a huge hole. "Ow!" He said, and then got up and spat the sand out of his mouth. I laughed hysterically and he just gave me an angry look. "What do you want?" Zak asked. "I want a little surfing competition. Just you and me. Whoever wins, the other person will do whatever they want them to do for the rest of the week. So, for example if I win, you'll have to do whatever I tell you to do - whether that means doing all of my chores, cleaning my room, etc. And some goes for me - I'll do whatever you want me to do if you win." I stated. "Sounds good." Zak said and we sealed the deal with a high five. We both rushed into the house to get ready. 

On my way in, I looked over at the fish head on the wall which had a long chain tied around its neck, and a small, grey stone with a picture of a fish-looking object was etched into the stone. It was what Dad described as his lucky charm. When we were younger, he told us stories about a boy who went into the Bermuda Triangle and fought off skeletons and monsters. He said that one morning when he was our age, he woke up to find the stone in his room. When we moved into this house when I was first born, he hung it on this wall. I glanced away and ran up to my room. 

I quickly changed out of my yellow swimming costume from when I went swimming earlier, and into a blue t shirt and pink shorts. I tore my surfboard out of the wardrobe and raced downstairs to the sea. Zak was already sitting on his board waiting for me. 

As I walked closer to him, I realised he had some sort of necklace around his neck, but it was tucked into his shirt, so I could only see glimpses of the chain, but the pattern of beads on the chain looked very familiar. But I didn't have time to figure it out, because then Zak stood on his board and said "three, two, one... GO!" and zoomed off. "CHEATER!" I shouted, jumped on the board and zoomed after him. 

He did a flip over a wave, as I jumped over it. After a few minutes, he started showing off doing double-axel jumps like pro ice-skaters and one-hand handstands as he surfed up and down waves. He was being a complete show-off but that was when I saw more clearly the necklace around his neck. It was Dad's lucky charm - that's why the pattern of the beads looked so familiar! And that was probably the reason he was showing off and doing all of his stupid tricks really well to begin with! 

I had to steal it from him, so I could show him who's boss. "ZAK! Give me that lucky charm now!" I shouted, and started to go faster towards him. At first, he looked a bit scared when he saw that I knew he was wearing it, but then he laughed and said "NOPE! It's mine!" 

Our Dad either heard us both arguing louder and louder, or he noticed that his necklace was missing, because then he ran out of the house and onto the beach. "ZAK! ROSA! Come back!" He shouted. I kept on running into Zak trying to knock him off his board, but he knelt down and grabbed the edges so he wouldn't topple off. Then a wave separated us both, and he surfed it while it pushed me back, so then he stood up and slid away from me. Then, I heard thunder and storm clouds appeared above us in the shape of a... skeleton?! Then the necklace around Zak's neck began to glow. 

"ZAK! The necklace! Take off the necklace!" Our Dad shouted desperately. "Yeah Zak! Take it off and give it to me! I'm sure Dad won't mind since I'm 100% more mature than you if I keep it for a little while and give it back to him later!" I shouted, but I knew Zak would never do that, so he turned and started surfing back towards the beach. But then a huge wave appeared in front of us, a portal opened inside it and he disappeared into it. I knew I was next, and instead of being a baby and screaming like Zak, I decided to be brave and jump in, figuring it would only take me further away from the beach and I could just swim back before him. But that wasn't the plan at all. 

I jumped in and in the wave, there was lightning flashing. A lightning bolt hit my surfboard by my feet, and that was when I screamed as I fell into the water and everything became black. 

-------------

First chapter of my new book! What do you think so far? I think it's terrible, but... Yolo, you improve. Based on 2 votes I decided to call my OC Rosa Storm. But the trouble is, I didn't know exactly what to call this book. But since it couldn't have no title at all, I decided to just call it "Zak Storm's Sister" for now. But if you have any ideas for what this book could be called, then leave a comment and tell me your name suggestion for it, and if I get a couple suggestions, I'll pick the best one and give you a shoutout in either the next chapter or whichever chapter when I actually change the name of the book. But also the same applies if I only get one suggestion, but of course if there's no suggestions, then I'll just keep the name it is now.