Intro to Jaxx

Prompt: AU - Chester and Grace both don't have dogs and Chester surprises Grace with a French Bulldog. Pure fluff. 

SWF - 646 words

Sorry for any mistakes. 

xxx

Grace sat on their newly assembled couch editing her most recent clips for her Fridiary, so she didn’t have to do it all on Friday. She was editing a clip of her and Mamrie filming the behind the scenes of You Deserve a Drink. She heard Chesters car pull up in the driveway realizing she hadn't seen him all day as she had woken up late and he'd already headed off to his meeting this morning. 

"Grace?" He yelled from the front door. 

"In here!" Grace replied back not taking her eyes away from the screen. 

As she heard footsteps approach the room she was currently in, she leant her head back on the couch with her eyes closed waiting for a kiss from Chester. When she was met with a slobbery lick on the side of her face she winced. 

“Chesterrr!” She whined slowly while opening her eyes. 

She was not met with the usual dark chocolate eyes she was so accustomed to but two large grey puppy eyes. Grace gasped as she took in the sight of a tiny white bulldog with small grey spots being held in her boyfriends large hand. She pushes her laptop to the side and jumped from her sitting position to a kneeling one looking at Chester with a disbelieving face. She was in absolute shock and Chester just had the largest smile on his face with a puppy in one hand and a camera in the other. 

“Chester! Oh my God!” She screeched putting her hand towards the small animal, gesturing to hold it. As he passed it to her she immediately cuddled it into her chest playing with the dogs large ears. 

“How’d you get him... or her?!” She questions while not taking her eyes from the puppy. 

“I’ve been looking at him for a while now” He answers with the biggest smile on his face. 

“Oh, Chester! I love him!” 

Chester shuts of his camera and comes to sit next to her on the couch, scratching the dog on his belly. 

“What should we call him?” Grace asks 

“Whatever you want” 

Grace looks at the dog, observing his face. She takes a long pause before she says 

“Jaxx?” Shooting Chester a look of question. His face breaks into a smile. 

“I love it!” He smiles. 

~

Later that night Chester re-watches the footage he filmed today. 

“Hey guys and welcome to TIHT, also known as This Is Happening Thursday, and whats happening right now is i’m outside of the house in my car, with this little guy” Chester points the camera towards Jaxx and he tries to lick the lens. “I’m about to go and surprise Grace with this one and i’m going to film the whole thing! This is a TIHT that’s actually going to be really exciting.” Chester gets out of his car and picks up the small dog, holding him to his chest. Chester walks through the door and calls out for Grace. He follows the sound of her voice towards the living room and sees her waiting to be kissed, with her head thrown over the couch. Perfect, he thinks. Walking towards her putting the dog right next to her cheek and as if rehearsed Jaxx licks her makeup free cheek and she pulls away wincing until she opens her eyes. The camera catches the exact moment her face splits into a smile, the shock and happiness reaching her eyes. Chester watches the rest of the footage with a smile on his face at how beautiful his girlfriend is and how cute she is with the small animal. 

He hears light footsteps come into the room and it’s Grace, holding a very sleepy Jaxx who is cuddled into her neck. 

“Thank you Chester. I love you so much” 

 She walks over to him and kisses him lightly on the lips. 

xxx

Thanks for reading :) 
If you have any prompts leave them below!