Casual Mornings

Yeah, I changed the title. Why? Cause this book has turned into random bits of my life just written out. 

My loud obnoxious phone alarm wakes me from my peaceful dream. Well, I think it was peaceful, I don't really remember what it was.

I slid out of bed and stretch. A satisfying pop rolling down my back as I do so. A wide grin stretches across my face as the morning light leaks in through my window. 

I silence my alarm and begin to get ready for the day. I change out of my pj's and into a nice blue tee-shirt accompanied by some jeans. I slid my phone into my pocket along with my wallet. 

I'm not the most well built as far as guys go. In fact, I'm a little underweight. Tall and lanky is more of my body type. 

I step out of my room and walk down the hall to my bathroom. My eyes gaze at my restless morning look. My fluffy brown hair is a rat nest and there are slight bags under my brown eyes. I turn on the sink and brush my teeth, then I splash water over my face. 

I grab the hand towel and bury my face in it. I hang the towel back up and grab my comb. I attempt to style my hair and make it look like I tried but it doesn't quite work. Instead, my hair just smoothes out and becomes more like quiff-style than anything. I shrug it off and leave the bathroom. 

I stopped by my room and grabbed my black jacket then through it over my shirt. I didn't zip it up though, I never do. 

I hop down the carpeted stairs and skip the last few steps. I look up at the kitchen to see my mom sitting at the table on her laptop. I glance at the kitchen clock and I see I'm running late. 

I quickly slide my tennis shoes on and throw my bag over my shoulder. One strapping it. I jog to the door. 

"Andrew, honey, eat something before you leave," Mom spoke up as my hand was on the doorknob. "Ok, I will," I go into the kitchen and open the cabinet. My eyes quickly scan the shelves before landing on a box of Ritz crackers. I grab the whole box and run back to the door. 

"Have a good day sweetheart!" Mom called to me before I left. I speedily made my way down the sidewalk. Every yard had trees that were lit up by the morning sun rising over the small town I call home. 

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent a text to my internet sister, M (hamilboyfbros). I sent her a good morning text and kept my steady pace. I slid my phone back into my pocket and opened my cracker box. I grabbed a few and shoved them into my mouth.

A few streets later and I came up to this wonderful house. Why is it wonderful? A very cute dog lives here. 

I approached the short chain-link fence and glanced around the yard. A few seconds passed before a medium-sized dog that was 90% white fur and 10% dog came running over. It always looks like it's smiling too. 

"Hello, little guy!" I squatted down with the cracker box in one hand and my other hand on the fence. The dog licked my salty fingers and I giggled. "Guess what happened yesterday? I met this awesome girl online. She's like a sister! A real sister! Isn't that crazy?" I began chatting with the pupper. 

The dog whined a little and bounced around in a circle before returning and jumping against the fence. "I know right it's so cool!" I cheered. "Hey, Andrew!" A voice boomed from behind me and startled me. 

I stood quickly and jumped back but tripped on myself and landed on my butt. My eyes were wide and my heart was racing as I looked up and saw the eyes of an angel. 

"Caleb? Caleb! You scared the shit out of me!" I quickly scrambled to my feet and brushed myself off. Heat was quickly rising to my cheeks and I tried my best to hide it by 'tieing my shoe' which was definitely 'untied'. 

"Sorry bud I didn't mean to scare ya like that,"  Caleb chuckled nervously and stepped closer to me. "It's fine, I scare easily... don't tell Tyler," I stood up and scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. We began walking down the sidewalk to school. 

"So what did Charlie have to say today?" Caleb glanced up at me before looking back at the sidewalk. "Charlie? Oh, Charlie the dog! Uh... I was just... petting him. He's fluffy," I stuttered 

"Heh yeah, who knows if there is really a dog under all that fur," Caleb chuckled. His laugh is so addicting. His dark brown, almost black hair, is always so well-groomed and swept back. He had a light stubble of a beard that gave him a bit of a rough look. 

"Did you finish the chem homework?" I questioned as I realized I hadn't gotten it done. "Yeah, why? Do you need help on it?" Caleb looked up at me. 

"I-I, oh yeah, I need help with it. But you don't have to help me with it. Ethan will give me the answers before class," I sputtered out. The school came into view as we continued walking. "I can help you, it's no biggy, really," Caleb reassured me. I smiled at his sweet words.

We walked to the front of the large brick building we call a high school. "There he is!" Someone shouted. I turned my head and looked behind me and Caleb did the same. Tyler jogged up next to me. 

Tyler is a hair shorter than me. Just enough to notice the difference. If mischief was a person, it'd be Tyler. He practically sees the principle more than the staff. 

Tyler has dirty blonde hair with the sides buzzed and the rest is slicked back with gel or something. He had a grey hoodie with our school mascot on the front of it. His black sweat pants hung loosely on his hips and his designer shoes were sparkling clean. Tyler has a little bit of acne on his chin and some on the side of his nose. 

"Hello Tyler," I greeted him as he walked alongside us into the school. He reached over into my cracker box and stole some. He shot me a playful smirk before shoving the crackers in his mouth. I returned the smile and offered him more crackers. 

In the morning we are supposed to wait in the gym for the 8:00 bell to ring. From there we have until 8:15 to get to class. Right now it's only 7:50. 

We got to the gym and joined the rather large group of people that I hang out with. Only a few I consider real friends. Everyone occupied the top corner. They were chatting happily. Ethan was among the group, sitting below them talking to a girl. I recognized her as Kennedy. 

The three of us joined Ethan and Tyler greeted Ethan with a rough hug. "I missed you so much!" Tyler complained. "Get off me asshole!" Ethan laughed as he pushed Tyler away. 

Kennedy rolled her eyes with a smile and moved her gaze to me. I stopped chewing my crackers and stared at her. She smiled brightly at me. I held the box out toward her, "Want some crackers?" I spoke through a mouthful of food. A few crumbs fell out of my mouth and Kennedy just laughed as I looked down and brushed the crumbs off my jacket. 

"I'm good," She declined my offer and climbed down the bleachers to join her friends. I sat in between Ethan and Caleb, which is my usual spot, and I ate more crackers. I heard Caleb laugh and I looked over. He was watching me. "What?" I asked, still with crackers in my mouth. 

"Nothin," Caleb looked away and over at the kids playing basketball. "Andrew, did you get chem done?" Ethan snapped me out of my thoughts. "Oh! No, I didn't!" I set my box of crackers down and pulled my backpack onto my lap to retrieve the unfinished worksheet.