Davekat-Morail My Ass

It was his 10th wriggling day, as karkat vantas had woken up. His ancestor kankri vantas was away with Cronus ampora, gathering supplies for later in the day. The smell of eggs and pancakes filled the air. Karkat knew kankri was not home, so who was cooking? As he slipped on his shirt, a knock sounded at the door. Sleepily, karkat trudged towards it and, rubbing his eyes, turned the doorknob ; revealing his friend with two plates of food standing in the passageway.

Strider had met with kankri in the early morning, with plans to keep karkat away from the hive. So, when kankri left, dave decided to make breakfast for the both of them.

Pushing past the sleepy troll, dave made his way to the computer table to set his own plate down, bringing karkat's to him. "Happy wriggling day Kat! We have a big day ahead of us! So eat up and get dressed! Dave exclaimed, munching on his pancakes. "Thanks strider. You didn't have to fucking cook breakfast tho. Cereal would have been fine" karkat acknowledged, stuffing his face with eggs. The two finished their plates and headed down stairs. Dave took karkat's plate and set it in the sink.

Dave had everything planned. First a walk in the park, then go out to eat, and last he'd deliver karkat back to the hive. ' simple enough' Dave thought.

Karkat had went upstairs to get dressed for the day, which was easy since trolls wore the same clothes everyday, for trolls thought fashion was stupid and worthless as fuck. After karkat made it back down stairs, dave had grabbed him and the keys, heading out the door.

"Strider, where the fuck are we going? We've been in this car for an eternity." Karkat whined, crossing his arms over his chest and turning to look out the window.

[Time skip by karkat's cute angry face]

Dave had taken karkat to his favorite restaurant and the park he adored. His last stop was a surprise and , quite unexpected. When dave arrived, he put the car in park and got out, all before karkat could process what was happening. Karkat was clueless as to what was going on, for dave had said nothing about another stop.

"Come walk with me, Mr. Vantas. I want to show you one last place before we head back to the hive" Dave revealed, holding his hand out for Karkat to take. Hesitantly, Karkat took Dave's hand gently, walking side by side with him. As he looked around, Karkat could now see the beach they were walking on. The sun was almost set, the waves lapped at the sand calmly, and the seagulls chirped every once and a while. There was a small patch of grass far enough out to the sea, but not far enough to get hit by the coolness of the calm waves. On that patch of grass, dave layed out a blanket, sitting down with karkat hand in hand. They listened to the waves and gulls, watching the sun set beautifully on the sea, lighting up the water with brilliant reds, yellows, purples, and blues.

Suddenly, dave turned to karat, his hands in both of Dave's. Smiling gently, a twinkle seen in his eyes, he spoke up softly.
" Karkat, i know we've been morail's for a while, but I'd like to move up a quadrant. Will you be my matesprite?"

"Dave..... What the fuck." Karkat mumbled." How long have you liked me? I didn't think id ever get to fucking tell you how i felt, let alone know that you felt the same fucking way!" Karkat rambled, beaming from ear to ear. His face flushed his blood color as he continued to ramble, eventually being silenced by Dave's lips on his own. Karkat returned the kiss immediately as his hands roamed to the back of Dave's head, holding him in place. Needing to still breathe, they parted.

[Part 1]
Part 2 will be out soon y'all
Words: [666]