Chapter 1: Minecraft Days

I've never been more excited to play Minecraft. Alexis sent me their server and asked me to join. He mentioned Brandon and Henry being in it, which hyped me up more. I've been offline for weeks due to school work piling in. Despite me not being there half the time, Alexis stayed by my side. I hop onto the server ready to go.

"She finalllllly joined!" Alexis draws out the word 'finally' to add effect.
"Sorry, I had school work!" I defend myself. I'm ready to take the blows Brandon and Henry will deal because of my absence.
"Quackity's been defending your ass all week!" Brandon groans. I can't help but blush at the thought of Alexis fighting on my behalf. "He's like an annoying pet."
"Shut up! I'm more of a boyfriend!" Alexis laughs. I brush off the comment, he's usually never serious on stream. Speaking of stream, I totally forgot Brandon and Henry are live. 
"Hello viewers! Welcome to another stream of Brandon and Henry being assholes!" I shout into my mic. Quackity laughs and I can hear Henry huffing through his screen.
"Quackity, control your minecraft gf!" Henry teases. "Get her a rose or something pretty!" He adds.
"I'll get her a diamond!" Alexis's character quickly sprints off into a cave with an iron pickaxe. They'd been on the server for a while, but I just got in so I'll have to start from scratch.
"You know what? I'll get her two diamonds! She'll have no choice but to fall in love with me!" Brandon's voice raises, clearly trying to upset Alexis.
"I'll get her three!" Alexis sounds territorial, but they usually jokingly fight for my heart. I always choose Ani.
"Ha, as if!" Brandon smashes his table, causing a loud boom in the mic. "Y/n will love me and only me!"
"You both know she'll end up calling Ani and asking Ani to marry her, right?" Henry brings up the last time this happened.
"This time is different. I feel it in my soul!" Alexis uses a intense and raspy voice to say that. I narrow my eyes, they're both dense.
"No it's not!" I whine.

2:46 AM 

I rub my eyes, hoping that will keep them open. I don't want to hang up the discord call Alexis and I are on. We started talking at 11:20 PM and couldn't stop. But now, I'm exhausted and I can barely see in the darkness. I let out a yawn.

"You can go to sleep, Y/n. I'll be here in the morning." He assures me. I groan, I don't want to end the call any time soon. I love the sound of his voice.
"I feel bad! We were supposed to stay up together!" I mumble. I hear Alexis chuckle and then sigh.
"Y/n, please go to sleep." Usually, when Quackity says please, it means he really wants something. I run my hand through my hair, unsure of what to do. I release my hair and hover my finger over the end call button.
"I'll talk to you in the morning, Duckie." I whisper, I don't want my own voice waking me up from my sleepy state. Duckie is a nickname I gave Alexis a long time ago, when we first met. He hated it at first and now he refuses to hangup calls without my saying it. I press down on the red button and watch as the call ends. I roll over onto my side and snuggle under the covers. I have no clue what I'd do without Alexis. Probably nothing important.

11:52 AM

I slam my hand on my alarm, shutting it off. I don't want to wake up, but I have to do homework. I throw my legs onto the side of the bed and watch them dangle there. My phone vibrates and I reach over to grab it. A notification from Alexis catches my eye. 

"We're making another minecraft video at 12:30 PM your time. Wondering if you want to join us, again?" I type as fast as I can with my answer. I'd love to join them again.
"I'd love to, but this time don't fight over me ;)" I send out.
"That's like asking Creepers to not blow up!" He sends back. "Brandon can never have you!" 
"What if he already does?" I tease.
"Then, I'll kill his Minecraft dog." I'm caught off guard by the text. Minecraft dogs are sacred and precious creatures who deserve no pain. 
"You wouldn't!" I giggle.
"Anything for your heart!" He responds. I hold my breath. Does he really mean that? Or is this another game?

12:29 PM

I log onto the server and Henry is already there. Brandon and Alexis are on the call with us, but Brandon is struggling to get the game to work. Alexis is busy texting someone, but I won't ask him about it.

"You guys ready?" Brandon asks as the Minecraft chat reads his nametag out. He's finally in.
"Yeah, but ya boy just got a date!" Alexis shrieks into his mic. We all cower to the volume of his voice. But my heart hurts more than my ears. Why? Alexis is just a friend, my best friend to be exact. There's no reason to feel upset about his date.
"No way!" Henry chirps. I block them out, trying to figure out my feelings. I suddenly don't want to be playing anymore. All the excitement and gamer energy is gone, deflated. I place my mic onto the table next to my computer and leave the call. All I want to do is curl up into a ball on my bed. Am I sick? Maybe I just need rest. I stayed up pretty late and I might not have slept enough.  I stumble into my bed, forgetting my phone on the table. I plop onto the comfort of the bed and slither under the covers. I don't care how long I sleep, I just want to go into my dream land where no one but I can make the rules.

I wake up the the sound of my phone going off. I whimper at the realization that I only slept an hour. I stroll towards my phone, I have ten missed calls from Alexis, five from Brandon, and two from Henry. I decide to text Brandon and tell him I'm not feeling well and that I won't be online for a while. It isn't fair to them. I'm finally free and now I won't play with them. Brandon sends me a sweet and comforting message, not many people know he has a soft side. Now, time to rest up.

-------------

HI! I'm new here and my name is Skyla. Some of you may know me as River_Fics_Error on Tumblr. I'm just here to post stuff and I'm not leaving Tumblr. Anyway, I hope you enjoy. I'm not the best at writing, but here I go.