Chapter Thirty Nine

A growing family

When SweetPea called his sister and explained he had to stay behind for detention, dread filled her stomach

When SweetPea called his sister and explained he had to stay behind for detention, dread filled her stomach. The idea of being alone had shaken her, once a strong and independent girl suddenly shrivelled to a fearful and anxious mess.

It helped that Jughead let her stay the night at the trailer park, a familiar setting with her family surrounding her. All they wanted was the bright and viscous teen that once demanded to be heard.

"Wow, this place is spotless." Bella observed as the trailers door swung open, no stench trailing her way nor beer bottle to kick past.

"Yeah I cleaned it up, just in case dad ever..." Jughead absently stated, expression distant and detached.

"I think you mean when, he will come home, Jug." Bella grinned, tilting his head toward her with the tip of her fingers. Her smile, although pained, was infectious. The two teens had lost so much of themselves during their teenage years, and had only just been given the time to breathe.

"You know we never did finish what we started at Archie's that night." Jughead raised his eyebrows, a small smirk growing on his thin lips. The girl laughed a light laugh, hands already resting upon his shoulders.

"Didn't we?" She lulled, head tilted slightly as her gaze flickered to his lips. Before another moment could pass, his lips crashed into her in a fit of passion. Nothing was ever soft with their relationship, not when they had already waited so long.

Sweet chuckles fell into the air as the pair stumbled to find a surface to lean on, the coffee table the closest possible contender. As they broke away for breath there was a silent agreement and fingers began to grasp at fabric. Soon tops were discarded to the floor and lips attacked her neck, littered kisses left across her collarbone.

They barely had a moment to themselves during their relationship and they had learnt not to waste a second when they were given one. The pair became so wrapped up in their thoughts that they nearly didn't hear the knock at the door.

Nearly.

"You have got to be kidding me." Jughead groaned as there was another thud. Regretfully, he stretched his arms and yanked the disregarded jumper from the floor, a sour look plastered on his face.

As he answered the door, Bella stayed laying upon the coffee table, eyes screwed shut. It wasn't until she heard Tallboys voice that she snapped to reality, throwing on her shirt and darting to the door.

"This is yours, if you want it." He announced, dangling a leather jacket in the air and waiting for the Jones boy to respond. Bella popped her head out of the door with pursed lips and glared at the serpents huddled by the trailer steps.

"You couldn't of, you know, waited until morning." She whistled out bitterly, forcing the attention on to the disheveled girl. The tension that exuded itself from her brother was second to none as he sent daggers toward her half on top. He wanted his sister back, Of course. But he never wanted that kid to be the one to get her there.

"Welcome to the serpents." Bella smiled as she finally fully stepped outside, attempting to ignore the icy winds and cold stare that seemed to hit every inch of her bare skin. Jughead hummed as he wrapped his arms around her waist, gaze suddenly entrapped in her beauty.

"Now if you'll excuse us, we have something we have to get back to." He laughed as he begrudgingly detached his gaze from the small girl and to the pack of unruly men. A hand shot out to stop SweetPea from pouncing and before they knew it the trailer door was slammed shut.

No one left to disturb them for the rest of their night.

•••

106k!