2. The Ball

"I confess I do not know why, but looking at the stars always makes me dream."
-Vincent Van Gogh

***********************************

Song: Bluebird by Alexis Ffrench

***********************************

"A-are you sure this looks okay?" She bit her lip staring at herself in the mirror.

"You look marvelous!"

"Beautiful!"

Both her sisters nodded with big grins on their faces.

Ophelia has on a floor length white gown. It was everything she dreamed of. Her dress flowed all the way down, melting into the ground. The underneath was a low neck plain white slip but on top was a tulle layer that had star appliqués attached to every inch. It was like the stars were dripping off her skin.

She had never felt so pretty before. Mary and Emily did her hair and makeup. Although her hair was basically just brushed through and tamed slightly more than usual. They decided to leave it so it fell all the way down her back. Makeup was very light with only some on her cheeks, lips, and the tiniest bit of mascara. Overall she still felt like herself but just a better version.

"How many p-people are going?" Ophelia bit her lip nervously, turning to her sisters.

"Just over two thousand." Her eyes went wide. The other sisters giggled.

"It's just the surrounding villages." Emily added.

"T-that's a lot of people."

Ophelia's nerves multiplied. She was so excited when the chance came to her to go to the ball that she hadn't thought about what it entailed. The people and the chaos.

"There you girls are! Daniel, Aaron, and Victoria are here with their partners." Their mother came into the bedroom. "Oh Ophelia! You look beautiful." Her mother sounded scared and sad. Ophelia was flattered, but also confused as her mother never said such nice things before.

"Thank you mama!" Ophelia was oblivious to her mother's emotions as she was overcome with her own.

"Come on, we should get going! Don't want to be late!" Emily ushered everyone out.

The girls giggled and walked out to the main living area where their siblings and their significant others all sat. It had been over a month since Ophelia had last seen all of her older siblings together.

"Hi girls!" The oldest sister out of all of them greeted and brought them into hugs.

"V-victoria! You are almost ready to p-pop!" Ophelia joked as she felt her sister's stomach.

Victoria was nearly eight months pregnant with her first child.

"I know! We are getting ready!" Victoria laughed and rubbed her belly. "But look at you! You look so grown up."

Ophelia moved on and greeted her two older brothers.

"H-hi Daniel! H-hello Aaron!" She quickly hugged them.

"Hi little one."

"How have you been O?"

Both greeted and hugged her.

"I've b-been good!" She smiled up at them. They were identical twins and looked like it too.

Ophelia went on to greet her siblings wives and husband.