Halloween Special - ENDED

Long story short (more details on all this in the rest of the chapter):

1. You enter by reading the Halloween Special which I’ll post soon and replying to the question “Which character has turned into what?” You write your answer in a comment to the Halloween Special chapter, not in this book.

2. Five days after I post the Halloween Special, I’ll pick five or more winners and contact them to ask them which book they want me to review.

3. The prize for each winner is the same: a review on the first five chapters of a book by their choosing.

You don't need to vote on the Special to enter, but I’d really appreciate it if you do.

HOW TO ENTER?

On Halloween, I’ll post a chapter in Hunt Me Down with the title Halloween Special. In it, the characters from HMD will have turned into something they are not. Your task: guess which person has turned into what (a witch, a ghost, a mermaid, a werewolf, etc.) and write your reply in a comment to that chapter. That’s it.

NOTE: You don’t have to be familiar with Hunt Me Down as the Halloween Special will have nothing to do with the plot. Each person’s name will be told by Nathaniel (the narrator) and he’ll give a description of what that person looks like. You’ll have to guess what that person is based on his words.

For example:

I could barely recognize Toby. When had he put on so much weight? And what was with that big white beard? It looked well-cared for and soft like the snow outside, I’d give him that, but it was not his style. Neither were the red suit and hat.

“What happened to you, man?” I wondered aloud as I watched him dip another cookie into the glass of milk and stuff it in his mouth.

So what do we know? We know that the person who transformed is called Toby, that he is rather on the chubby side, he wears a red costume, has a white beard and an appetite for cookies. Obviously Toby has turned into Santa.

Here’s another example:

Her unearthly beauty had me rooted on my spot with my mouth agape. Leah’s face had the most peaceful expression as she sore above me, her white-feathered wings sending a light breeze my way each time they fluttered. Her skin appeared to glow, outshined only by the light coming from her halo.

What do we know now? That the girl’s name is Leah and that she had transformed into a creature of light with white-feathered wings, a halo and the ability to fly. So what can she be? That’s right! Leah is an angel.

That wasn’t so hard, was it?

The examples I’ve given are not a part of the Halloween Special as I didn’t want to give you any spoilers but it will be written in a similar fashion.

SO WHO WINS?

There will be at least FIVE WINNERS, more if a lot of people show interest.

Everyone who guesses correctly what three or more characters have turned into has a chance to win as long as they write their answers in a comment so don’t send me Private Messages or messages on my board.

You only get one guess per character (no “I think Vallery has turned into a ghost or zombie or a poltergeist, Hunter is either a vampire or a werewolf or a zombie and Lyn is a witch or a fairy”) but if you post the following as a message to your fans, I’ll allow you TWO GUESSES PER EACH CHARACTER. The message is:

@CatMint5 is organizing a contest. The prize is a review on five chapters from a story which each winner chooses. There will be at least five winners. THE LARGER THE NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS, THE MORE WINNERS THERE WILL BE. Read the details in her Do You Want To Win A Review http://www.wattpad.com/story/25472947-do-you-want-to-win-a-review. If anyone is interested or think their followers might be interested, copy this message and paste it on your own wattpad profile.

I’ll post this message on my wall/wattpad profile so you can copy it and paste it on your walls, but if you are typing it instead, don’t forget to tag me with @CatMint5 (without space between @ and CatMint5) so I can get notified of the message, read it and allow you your two guesses per character. Also, don’t forget the link to Do You Want To Win A Review.

HERE’S HOW I’LL PICK THE WINNERS:

I’ll write on a piece of paper the name of each person who correctly guesses what three or more characters are and put that list in a box. Five days after the Halloween Special is posted, I’ll take five names (or more) out of that box. I’ll announce the winners on my page and contact them through a Private Message so they can tell me which book they want me to review.

THE PRIZE:

Each winner chooses one book for me to leave a review on the fifth chapter. The book can be by the winner or by another wattpad author.

HINTS:

Nathaniel (the narrator) is and will be human.

One of the characters will be described by their profession (for example, as a policeman or a fireman) and not as a creature. No one else, except for the narrator and this character, is human.

In the Halloween Special, I’m sticking to well-known creatures such as witches, vampires, ghosts, werewolves, zombies, etc. Don’t expect to see something like a Domovoi in there.

More than one person can be the same creature. For example, there could be two vampires or a pack of werewolves or a coven of witches. So if you think that two or more people have turned into the same thing, say so.

If you have any questions, ask me in the comments!

By the way, if a lot of people show interest in this, I’ll organize more competitions. Some of them will be reading competitions (like this one) but most of them will be writing competitions. Would any of you be interested in that?

HOW MANY WINNERS:

25 participants or less = 5 winners

26-30 participants = 6 winners

31-40 participants = 8 winners

41-50 participants = 10 winners

51-60 participants = 12 winners

61-70 participants = 14 winners

71-80 participants = 16 winners

81-90 participants = 18 winners

91-100 participants = 20 winners

And so on.