The Blood Moon

"BRIANNA! ....BRIANNA!" I call. I tried to catch her before she lept out of her seat but she was too quick.

"WHAT SHE DOING?" Ryker snaps.

At this time she had unsheathed a sword from a guard, knocking him unconscious, holding the blading back above her head.

"Stop her Vance!" Ryker yells.

But I can't stop her, she has already made her decision. She let the sword go with a snap, and it barrels towards its target with precision. Everyone goes silent, time slows, and we watch, waiting for the blade to make contact. Just before Skull crusher brings his mace down onto Jedrek, unaware of his impending doom, the sword impales his skull and he drops to the ground.

Silence in the arena. No one made a sound as we watched Bri run to her father and embrace him.

King Galen stands, he looks at me grinning wide. An evil grin for telling what he is about to do. He begins to make his way down to her, flicking his hand on the way.

"Galen!" I call. "Please!" He ignores me. I know what's coming. Within seconds Kit, Gogo, and I are surrounded by guards each pointing sharp blades at our faces.

Ryker stands."Looks like Brianna not be making that pledge wit you." He cackle's and follows his father down to Brianna.

"No! Please you can't do this!" I cry and he continues to laugh as he walks out onto the battle ground.

King Galen stops a few feet away from them and speaks to the audience.
"WHAT WE JUST WITNESSED IS FORBIDDEN! INTERFERING WIT A GLADIATORS BATTLE BE AN OFFENSE PUNISHABLE BY DEATH!" He thumps his trident on the ground and the crowds cheer.

"GUARDS! BRING ME VANCE! HE NEEDS TO WATCH THIS CLOSELY!"

They take my arms lifting me up, forcing me to come with them. But I do not struggle, the closer I am to Brianna the better. I can hear Kit calling my name, but it is too late. They bring me in front of the King and hold me there. He comes within a foot of me staring into my eyes and I see it, eyes that blink not once but twice with two sets of lids. He has given his soul to Thanatos, betrayed my father and joined with our enemy.

"Vance, you been good to us. So ave your father. But times change, we want more. More than you can give." He says with sadness in his voice.

He turns to Brianna and Jedrek. Jedrek has placed himself in front of her for protection. Galen points his trident at them. "Move Jed! This witch be mine!" He storms over to them.

"Touch her and you die!" He replies, gripping a sword tightly in both hands.

Galen laughs and flicks his hands. "WHERE MY MAGES?" He calls, and five mages appear out of nowhere behind him. They begin to draw mana chanting a strong spell together, as electrical chains form in their hands. They sputter across the ground and up Jedreks' body until they have reached his shackles. Jedrek cries out in pain, as electricity shocks his body. He falls to his knees. The crowds erupt again.

"Please! Take me instead." He pleads to the king.

Galen shakes his head. "Jed, you be making me too much money! You never be free from us." He snaps his fingers and Jed is pulled to the side away from Brianna.

"Galen, please leave her! You can't do this! Seriphus will destroy you!" I plead.

"SERIPHUS?" He laughs."That man is weak just like you! Now you watch another mage die today. Guards get me the stakes! We burnin this which today!"

The guards retreat to the outskirts of the arena and pull two large wooden torch stakes from the entrances. They return with them in hand, and begin to pound them into the dirt. As they do, two more guards attach shackles and chains to each one.