three

I walked away, furiously. I had already let go of Logan's hand, and stormed out, him in tow. "Jayleigh, are you okay?" He asks, getting in front of me, holding my shoulders. I look down at my stupid nude-beige heels. "No," I sob. Logan flushes and pulls me into a tight hug. "I needed this," I giggled into his chest. How is he still so much taller than me even with heels on? "I did, too," he chuckles.

          "Jay, please forgive me. I had no idea you felt like that, and I'm absolutely horrible for being with Claire and never telling you," Avery says, my back towards him, as we stand in the middle of the parking lot. I turn around, still holding onto Logan's arms wrapped around me. "It's okay, Avery. I shouldn't have broke the bracelet. I know how much it means to you," I say, with a small smile. "It's totally okay. I can fix it," Avery says, studying the bracelet. "Of course you can," I laugh, whole-heartedly. "I'm still sorry I didn't tell you. Claire said you knew, and just never wanted to talk about it. But don't worry, I cut it off with her. I wasn't going to continue dating her after what happened. Hell no," he said, looking down at his shoes. I step away from Logan and wrap Avery in a tight hug.

—————at the beach after graduation—————

          Walking on the beach after graduation, and on the first day of summer was a good idea. A little packed, but still pretty great.

          "Let's sit under there," I point at an overpass, still on the beach. Logan follows me to where I point and we take a seat on the warm sand. "Can I ask you something?" I ask, looking up at Logan, as we get comfortable. "Of course," he says, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Why did your mom's boyfriend hit you?" I ask, cautiously. "Gary, he drinks way too much to even be human, my flower. He grew up in abusive household, and I guess he gets rid of the memories by drinking, but he becomes extremely abusive towards my mom and I. There was also my younger twin siblings, but Ryan and Rayleigh got taken away and put into the foster care system. I talk to them as much as I can, but because I'm 19, they couldn't do anything about me," he says, looking away. We sit in silence for a good 10 minutes after that.

          "My dad's like that, too, you know?" I said, leaning into his body. "My mom, Jennie, and I try go not be home when he is, but he's also very abusive. Whether he's had nothing to drink, or six drinks."  Logan looks at me with sympathy. "Stop that. Now. Don't feel sympathetic for me. My mom and Jennie go over to my aunt's house and I would normally go over to Avery's or Claire's house." I say, intertwining my fingers with his. "My mom goes to the park where she knows Ryan and Rayleigh will be at, and I go and cause trouble - according to Gary," he says, giving my hand a little squeeze.

         How am I dating someone I just met today? I look at him and just stare into his eyes. I advert my eyes to his lips, tracing the outline with my eyes. "Find my mouth attractive?" He jokes, pulling me onto his lap. I quickly look away, embarrassed. "Let's be happy together," I say, pulling back and looking into his eyes again. "Um. I'm sorry. Come again?" He says, looking at me wildly. "Let's be happy. Well, not really be happy, but let's leave and go somewhere. Let's go stay together until we figure out a plan. I can use the money I have saved up from work to help us, but let's be happy together," I say, placing my hands on either side of his face. "What about our parents and Jennie?" He says, sorrowful. "My mom has already made plans to leave my dad and move in with my aunt, and take Jennie. She's planned on divorcing my dad for as long as I can remember. As for your mom, she can come with us, or break up with Gary, and get her own house, with the money she has," I hold up his clearly well expensive watch on his wrist. "I suppose that could work. She has been trying to get us out of that house since years and years ago " he says, debating on my plan. "Alright, lets run it by them then," I say, kissing him, gently.

—————back at home—————

          I told my mom the plan and she 'loves it,' so we're all packing quietly and secretly while my dad begins drinking for the day.

          As I make my way up to my room, I dial Logan's number and request a FaceTime video. When he answers, I smile slowly. "Guess who's packing right now?" I excitedly ask. "Me?" He says just as excited. I prop my phone up on my desk and squeal and jump up excitedly. I stop and think about today. "Holy shit. I'm running away with a guy I just met today, dumped my best friend, and graduated. Wow. Who the hell have I become?" I ask myself, debating my life choices in the middle of my room. "Just a flower who needs to be happy, and do something on her own," Logan says, as he shuts
his house door, getting into his car. "I'm coming over to get you," he smiles, "Don't hang up 'til I get there," he says, focusing on leaving his drive way.

—————15 minutes later—————

          "Okay, I'm walking to the door!" Logan says, hanging up as one of my favorite songs - You and Me by James TW - starts back up. I rush downstairs, flinging open my bedroomm door, and the front door - almost tripping my own feet - to let Logan in.

          "I can't believe our life choices," Logan laughs, scooping me up in his arms. I laugh along with him, wrapping my arms around his neck. "People probably think we're out of our minds!" I say, giggling. "Wait, why can't we just stay here and kick my dad out? Nobody likes him anyway," I say, beginning seriously, but finishing off laughing. "We could try that," my mom says, walking into the foyer. "He needs to get out anyway," she says, "I'll go talk to him."

         I look at Logan smiling as big as I ever have. He grins in excitement. I squeal happily as he kisses me. Why am I happy to be with a stranger? I know nothing about this man. Maybe I've actually met him before and just don't remember him? Oh well! I'm perfectly happy, and I'm the happiest I've ever been! I can't help but smile into his kiss.

          "I've got to talk to Claire later. I feel a little horrible about the way I acted towards to her," I say, as my phone rings.

          I walk away to answer my phone, recognizing that it's a number I don't know. I pick up, "Hello?"