001.

PINK

—kiana moved her curly hair out of the way as she lined up her notebook , textbook and pencils

kiana moved her curly hair out of the way as she lined up her notebook , textbook and pencils. organizing her stuff as she waited for class to start since she got there early. making her way into the classroom , mrs. phillips got right into the lesson before a tall , lanky boy interrupted the lesson by trying to sneak in without being caught.

❝ michael , you're late again. ❞ mrs. phillips announced. mike leaned against the door , knowing he'll probably get detention again. ❝ since , you have the failure to show up on time for class then you wouldn't mind showing up on time for detention. ❞ mrs. phillips continued .  ❝ same time as always , right ? can't wait. ❞ mike said , his voice oozing with sarcasm. mrs. phillips turned her attention back to the board and went on with the lesson. mike made his way to his seat and took out his textbook. he was next to a couple of boys that he seemed to know and began to talk to them.

kiana watched the scene from her seat in the back of class. she was never much of a troublemaker maybe she has told off a couple teachers in her lifetime but they usually deserved it. she wasn't exactly a teacher's pet but she did know how butter them up to get what she wants. her friends called it a gift.  ❝ mrs. phillips , you look quite lovely today. ❞ kiana complimented. ❝ oh thank you , at least someone has some manners in this classroom. ❞ mrs. phillips huffed , throwing a glare or two mike's way. he rolled his eyes and shrugged before getting back to his conversation.

❝ okay class , as you guys know we're going to have partners for the rest of the school year. I have picked your partner for you. when you hear your partner's name , take a seat next to them. ❞ mrs. phillips announced. kiana zoned threw most of the name calling. she was just hoping her partner was someone who did their work. she got along with most people despite what people thought. it was just that her friends don't get along with everyone.

kiana was still daydreaming by the time she heard her name get called. ❝ michael wheeler and kiana thomas. ❞ mrs. phillips swiftly said. ❝ what ? ❞ kiana snapped out of her daydreaming state. she then felt somebody sit next to her. ❝ wow , i'm stuck with little miss suck up. ❞ mike said , turning towards her. ❝ and i'm stuck with the smartass who's always late. ❞ kiana snapped back. ❝ oh , you pay attention to me. i'm flattered.  ❞ mike quipped. kiana sighed as she started to work on her assignment.
this is going to be a very interesting year.