Chapter 3: I Don't Like Him

Adam woke up the next morning to find himself alone in the bed. He rubbed his eyes and cast his eyes to the alarm clock on the bedside table. 11:33 am?? What the hell? He normally got up at eight or nine! He tried to sit up but an overwhelming sense of dizziness overcame him.

"Easy there A-dog," Beetlejuice said in a way of greeting, "even ghosts need a second to wake up." Adam nodded sleepily, letting himself wake up for a moment before replying to the strange demon invading his mind.

"Good morning," he said with a yawn, slipping his legs over the side of the bed and slowly pressing his weight on them.

"Morning love," Beetlejuice answered, "how'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good," he stated, walking to the bathroom in slow steps. He flicked on the light and blinked through tears. "How about you- Wait. Do you sleep?" He stared at the mirror as Beetlejuice stood to the side of him and gave a simple shrug.

"Depends on the day," he said, "but last night I did."

"Good," Adam pulled out his tooth brush, wetted it, and squirted some mint toothpaste on it. He began the process of cleaning his teeth.

"You know you don't have to do that right?" Beetlejuice teased.

Adam rolled his eyes, "I want to keep my mouth clean and smelling good so my kisses don't taste like old food."

"Ah c'mon, my breath isn't that bad!" He argued.

"Yes, it really is." Adam said.

"Oh well. On a completely different note, who are those kisses for?" Beetlejuice inquired.

"Barbara of course," he chirped.

"Ugh, could you spare one for me?" The demon pouted. Adam laughed.

"You're hopeless," he told him, "but can I even kiss you- like touch you and stuff?"

"Not right now," Beetlejuice sighed, "but will you save one for me?" Adam hummed in consideration.

"Why should I?" He asked.

"Because I like your kisses," Beetlejuice practically whined.

"And what do I get out of it?"

"The pleasure of kissing me of course," he bragged, "and the best sex of your life."

Adam snorted, "I thought you said you would take me out on a date first?"

"I said that I would be willing to," the demon said a little softer than usual.

"Well, if we end up summoning you back for whatever reason, I would be willing to consider giving you a little kiss." The strange man grinned. "And I would only consider it if your breath didn't smell like dirty socks."

"But Adam, that requires-"

"For you to brush your teeth. Yes, I know. But that's the price of my kisses." Adam batted his eyelashes and the demon sighed.

"Fine, but only for you." Beetlejuice told him.

"Why just me? Why not Barbara?"

"I mean, Barbara's hot and all but you're hella handsome and you have one heck of an ass."

"You think I'm handsome?" Adam asked. "Like seriously?"

Beetlejuice nodded once, adding, "and sexy."

"Weird," he said and Beetlejuice narrowed his eyes, "Well, most people wouldn't call me handsome or sexy. In fact I've only been called sexy by one person ever."