fifteen

After about a week, I decide it's time to go back to school. I haven't been since the day before my birthday, and I have been missing out on a lot of material. You may wonder why me, a vampire would even care about school and the answer is simple. It's the only normal thing in my life. Well, somewhat normal. Let's see it my way. My dad is a vampire and a doppelgänger who was once in love with my aunt Elena is also a vampire and a doppelgänger and is now married to my uncle vampire Damon who is brothers with my dad.

My mom is also a vampire with a younger brother that she was tricked by the first ever "vampire" named Silas into thinking he was dead. My soulmate is the Original hybrid, whose bite it fatal to any vampire and he also holds the cure to a wolves bite in his blood. His daughter is my best friend that is a witch, werewolf, and witch, whose mother is the crescent pack hybrid queen.

And my birth family is a clan of vampires that abandoned me when I was little. There is so much more I could add about my odd life but I would rather not get into it. We'd be here for a very long time.

I walk into my first class of the day just to see a black haired girl waving over at me. I smile and skip over, noticing something different about her.

"Penelope Park, did you change up your hair?" I question. She gives me an evil smirk.

"Between me and you, Josie burnt it off and I had to prove I could pull anything off". She then flips her hair and I nod my head in approval, then I frown, completely soaking in her words.

"Wait a second, did you say Josie? As in Saltzman?". Penelope nods her head.

"I know. I was surprised too. I didn't think Jo had it in her".

I raise my eyebrows and keep shut. Bonnie then walks into the class with a big smile.

"Hey guys. I know I'm not your normal teacher but Jord- I mean Ms. Salvatore asked me in today to teach you about the dangers of dark magic". Everyone in the class groans, hating the fact that dark magic is basically forbidden in the school.

"Yes, I know. You all think it sucks but I'll tell you first hand that dealing with dark magic really takes a toll on you. I have died practicing dark magic and if it weren't for my amazing friends risking their lives for me, I wouldn't be here today".

I give a motivational smile at Bonnie as she tells her stories about dark magic. Some of us have heard about it but we didn't care. Every time we hear the stories, we listen and take notes. I, personally can hear these stories over and over again and never get bored of them.

When the class is over, I head into my history class and make up the quiz and some work I had missed.
-
It is now lunchtime and I don't want to go into the lunchroom. I don't normally do that. I don't usually go outside either or leave for lunch like we're allowed to. Instead I walk into my fathers office and shut the door behind me. He smiles at me, looking up from his computer.

"Hey dad" I greet. He nods his head and continues on his computer.

"Hope doesn't have this lunch, right?" I question, not quite remembering. He shakes his head in a no motion, not looking up from his computer.

"So, you and Klaus finally are together, how does that feel?" He questions. I smile at the thought of the hybrid waiting at home for me.

"Honestly dad, it feels like a weight off my shoulder. I know it's weird to say it about a relationship but being with him feels like I'm finally doing something right, you know? We have loved each other for so long that it felt like we were just hiding and I absolutely hate hiding".

Stefan nods his head at me and smiles.

"I get what you mean sweetie. I'm actually glad that you're together. I trust him. And that's coming from a man who hated him at one point, but Klaus and I always somehow found our way back to friendship. He cares for most of the people I care for. Especially you and your mom". I nod in agreement.

"I know he will always have your back. Always and forever. You're apart of that too you know. We all are".

Again, I nod my head in agreement. Everything my dad is saying is true.

After a little more conversation about random things, I excuse myself and head to the little ladies room. Ew. Why did I just call it that?

I do my business, then after I'm finished I head over to the sink where two sophomore sluts are standing, trying not to stare. I can hear their thoughts.

That's the girl that's dating Klaus Mikaelson.

Ew disgusting.

He's like 1,000 years older than her.

Then the other one.

Don't think bad thoughts about this girl. She's the one who can read minds.

But that's disgusting how Mrs. Salvatore is letting her daughter date Hope Mikaelsons dad.

I snap.

"I know the both of you know that I can read minds right? I don't care what opinions you have, keep them to yourselves. Don't go gossiping about me, or my family, okay? I will break you both in half and feed you to the crescent wolves, you got it?" .

They both nod, and rush out of the bathroom.

I sigh and turn around to finish washing my hands. I hear the door open and some footsteps, but then they stop. I frown and turn to look at the person, but he looks unfamiliar.

"This is the girls bathroom. I know you saw the sign".

The man smirks at me. I try to read his mind, but it's blank. He starts coming for me. I back away.

He has fangs, but doesn't quite look like a normal vampire or a hybrid. His eyes are a crimson red. He has no daylight ring. When the sun hits his face, he doesn't burn, but he sparkles. I smirk back at him. He's one of Aros men.

He lurches for me, but I duck. He hits his head on the wall and looks back at me, he hisses.

"You're the damned one!" He yells, lurching for me again. This time, I grab him by his neck and press him against the floor. I smile in his face as I start crushing his neck. All of a sudden, I feel his hand wrap around my ankle and pull me off of him. I hit the floor with a thud.

He rushes and gets on top of me. He begins choking me. One the the downsides to being half human is that I can be choked like a human, but I have vampire strength to get the person off of me.

I try and try but with every push, punch and kick, I become weaker. I feel like I'm going to pass out and the vampires cackling doesn't make it any better. I try to call out, but no one answers. I bring my hand up to my Mikaelson crest necklace and grip it tightly.

"Get the hell off of her!" Someone yells.

I see the vampire get thrown against the wall. I fall to the ground and turn to see Hope using her magic to choke him. She nods at me and I quickly recover, standing up.

"Need some blood?" She questions. I shake my head no, feeling myself getting better as each second passes.

I walk over to him.

"Did Aro send you?" I question. He just smirks at me.

"Adrienne, I can't hold him much longer, he's really strong".

I turn back to the culprit and grab his neck. He tries to stop me, but Hope is pressing his arms back.

"You put up a good fight, but your one mistake was coming alone".

And then I rip off his head.